The Amazing Spider-man 2 - 3D Print Files/Pattern - FREE

Finally giving these files a shot. I currently have one of TJacks shells but I've been struggling with it because I apparently have a tiny head, which is a huge bummer to discover about oneself. Whenever I pulled my mask on over the shell, it would cause it to bend/crease on the top, making weird pointed corners pop out just above my temples. Which throws off the whole shape. So while hunting for a shell that wraps around the whole top of the head (eliminating the possible bending/deforming issue) I found these files, decided to give them a shot on the ole 3D printer.

I tried printing the flat frames file as well to go with the shell, and ran into a few issues. For some reason the frame file seems to have the lenses in there as well as a super thin and super fine mesh which the computer tries to print as well, and that seems to mess up the print more than anything. Is there a file that is JUST the frames, with nothing inside them that the slicer software will try to incorporate in the print?

I'm also super excited to print the soles in ninjaflex, should eliminate the need to cast them at all. I'm also thinking the finger parts can be done in ninjaflex. Anyone have a suggestion for what type of glue to use when gluing flexible rubber parts to stretchy fabric?

IMG_3657.JPG
IMG_3662.JPG

Well I should have more carefully read the instructions about sizing because the shell I printed looks great! But it's also massive. Soooooo I'm resizing and trying again. I also attempted to print the soles in ninjaflex, several times. But with my printer design (giant print bed and a bowden style extruder) I kept getting nozzle clogs. So I'm now back to trying to print the shoes in my normal PETG filament and I'm going to try to smooth them out and cast them in some kind of urethane. Any suggestions on something that I can pigment both red or black, and will hold up to the wear and tear of being on the bottom of a shoe?

IMG_3804.JPG

Well I should have more carefully read the instructions about sizing because the shell I printed looks great! But it's also massive. Soooooo I'm resizing and trying again. I also attempted to print the soles in ninjaflex, several times. But with my printer design (giant print bed and a bowden style extruder) I kept getting nozzle clogs. So I'm now back to trying to print the shoes in my normal PETG filament and I'm going to try to smooth them out and cast them in some kind of urethane. Any suggestions on something that I can pigment both red or black, and will hold up to the wear and tear of being on the bottom of a shoe?

View attachment 746509
Yeah, ninjaflex on a bowden is really hard. Maybe try another more stiff flexible filament like Taulman PCTPE?

Yeah, ninjaflex on a bowden is really hard. Maybe try another more stiff flexible filament like Taulman PCTPE?

I'll give that a shot, I've never used that filament. I seem to have a whole new set of issues at the moment though. The model has the super thin bottom layer you can see in the picture, and then it builds these thing single line width walls to make all the pieces into little boxes almost, and then it tries to connect them across the tin empty tops across the top with only a single layer. Is anyone possibly able thicken this model up a bit to make it more printer friendly? I can't imagine these soles being possible on anything other than an SLA printer. It probably doesn't help that I had to scale them down in Cura from their original size to fit my smaller feet.

I gave up on the tpu filament for the soles and went with PLA so I could at least make a cast from them and start running them in urethane, so I finally got a decent print of the soles of the shoes (I ended up having to flip one of the files upside down) but for some reason there was a bunch of weird voids and incredibly thin spots. When I tried to lift it up from the print bed it basically just ripped apart since it was literally paper thin in some areas, and had other areas that were alltogether missing. Sooooooo I'm skipping the soles for now. Instead I got to work on a new shell and frames that actually fit. I got a perfect fit on the face shell, and the frames were really tricky to print, the flat ones wouldn't form to the shape of the shell very well, and the upright version kept wiggling or coming detached from the bed, but I got a good print finally!

The scale was different for the shell than it was for the frames (which was weird) but I think I got a good match finally. The shell I ended up printing at 2228% scale (due to the mm vs. inches import thing) and the frames had to be printed at 2450% in order to fit the shell properly. Seemed strange to me, but oh well. Either way I'm fairly happy with it, I think the overall thickness and shape of the frame itself is off compared to pictures from the movie, but the eye shape and contour to the shell is outstanding! So I'm going to see what I can do about the thinness issue. Since I can't use CAD software in even the slightest capacity, I'm probably just going to try painting the thin spots with a few layers of epoxy with some cabosil mixed in to thicken it up a bit. The frames look a little too chunky in the upper corners, and a little too think along the bottom and top edges of the eye. I'm also including a shot of the actual costume for comparison of the eye shape.
IMG_3856.JPG
IMG_3857.JPG

Hey Kenlandrum, in reasearching more about why the soles failed to print, I noticed that the file says soles "shelled" Is there a a reason you have a shelled object rather than a solid one? I'm pretty sure I could get this thing to print no problem if the object were solid, and it seems like it would need to be solid to work anyway, unless I'm missing something here.... Is there any chance of getting the solid sole? I hate to ask after you've done so much work on these already, and I'd totally edit them myself instead if I knew how. I feel like it should be totally solid on one side, with the holes in it so when the red portion is set on top of it, the red "pegs" poke through, and they meet on a fat surface where they can be glued together to form the actual sole of the shoe. Let me know if you can please :)

Dude that looks amazing. Thank you so much! I popped them into cura and they look perfect this time around. The files I downloaded from the first page are actually titled "soles shelled" so maybe I just downloaded them the wrong link or something. Do I need a file for the left foot too, or should I just try to mirror these two files? I'm pretty CAD illiterate, but I can probably figure that much out.

edit: Nevermind, I figured it out right there in Cura. I've always wondered how the "mirror" function was supposed to work.

Last edited:
Sorry before, is there anybody know how to create a "women muscle" motif or does anyone have the file and want to share? Because I need it to try to make a woman's suit.

Sorry if I interrupt and thank you very much ..

I thought I saw a link to the file without muscle shading but now I can't find it. I don't have computer access to remove the shading myself. If someone has it will you please post it? Thank you.

These parts were not shelled... weird.

I just revisited them after reading this and they looked ok... the red portion seems a bit thin, so I thickened it.... ran both parts through netfabb (to get rid of that unit conversion thing and fix any weirdness) and they look great in cura.... you should be set after you size them to your feet.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_sNvgA37t6qVUE3MzhfclIxRVU?usp=sharing

View attachment 748491

enjoy!

I just had one of the soles from the earliest model on the front page of this thread. I kind of feel dumb not having looked further on but I can still use it. Where there any other changes made to the shape other then solidifying the shape for printing?

The Amazing Spider-man 2 - 3D Printing the face shell

Greetings,
Noob here, I would like to print the face shell for a friend, what are the recommended slicer (S3D) settings and model orientation please?

Thanks in advance,
Santa

I wonder how possible it would be to unfold your 3D model for the web shooters for Pepakura? I would need to watch a few YouTube tutorials first, however, as I have never unfolded for pep - only assembled pre existing files.

This was my first time unfolding anything for Pepakura but after watching a couple of YouTube tutorials I was able to get the hang of it.
f0f9996651d52e1e17a02a9d0cc963be.jpg

Not the cleanest of unfolds, I know, but these web shooters are really complex and detailed for such small items! :lol For these reasons I also had to remove a few of the smaller details, but those can be freehanded later.

Sorry for hijacking your thread kenlandrum, I promise I’ll start my own topic for any future updates. :p

He estado jugando con el patrón por ahora ... esta es una foto de WIP MUY temprana.
View attachment 299188
Más por venir.

- - - Actualizado - - -

Por ahora voy a seguir con el mismo diseño, solo cambiando 'la obra de arte ... debería funcionar bien.
Hola gente, les hago una pregunta se pueden imprimir en A4 las líneas?
y sino es así alguien me la puede pasar para imprimir en A4 o me dicen como hago!
muchas gracias

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back