The Amazing Spider-man 2 - 3D Print Files/Pattern - FREE

Hey long time no talk i need an updated shooter pad or someone to send me a sliced version mine comes out paper thin for me and definitely not as big as it should be...

hi, i want to do sm3 venom(the concept version)

is there anyway i can get just the base with no webs eyes etc... just the all black with the brick pattern
12799264_10153579295498983_3180980918799817587_n.jpg
then i will puff paint all the extra webbing

i tried downloading the file on pg1 but everytime i load it in ps it says ''disc scratch error''?
thanks

Hi All! I'm new here and really want to try making a ASM2 costume. I've downloaded Ken's files. Thank you soooo much Ken. You're talent and generosity are greatly appreciated. Anyway, in the guide, it shows an option of a suit with muscle shading on it. This is also mentioned when Ken described the layered file on page 1. In both the layered .psd and the flattened .jpg that i downloaded off the first page, there is no muscle shading layer. Forgive me if this has already been discussed but what am I missing? Did this get deleted in the newest revisions? I kinda like the muscle shading. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out. I really appreciate all the help and love for fabricating cool stuff that you all provide.

Nevermind. I downloaded Ken's Raimi pattern and used the muscle shading layer off that. It was a little bit of work to move the pieces around and line them up since the pieces were layed out differently between the two patterns. Got it done though. I also added a little bit of a bevel and drop shadow to the webbing and the blue bricks. I like the way it looks, It has a little more of a comic book feel to it. I just hope the red doesn't come out too dark now.

Hi everyone. First post in the community and want first to congrats all of you for the impressive work.
I extensivelly read this post, download the manual and the pattern but I have some doubts...
1)concerning the material :
The print version is to be printed in a White lycra/spandex fabric or in a coloured ( red and blue) one??
if you split the pattern in red and blue and print in a red and a blue fabric, would it make the spandex loose the bright effect due to the painting process? should I change the colours a bit to print in coloured fabric?
What is the difference of a 1,2, 3...way fabric? I am new to It and I haven´t´found a good explanation...
2) concerning the assembly
I´ve´seen 2 versions in the post: with the mark attached and splited... for the splited one... how did you manage to make the mask still and stretched?
thanks a lot for the help and congrats again to those who contributed with this rich material forum.
Leandro

I have a fix for the Shapeways issue. theese are scaled at 54.9 mm across and fixes the thin wall issues.

God bless you for posting these. I was having a helluva time getting the files in the initial posting to work for me. Even after repairing it, there was a lot of holes and thin walls preventing a usable print. These ones are coming out nice and clean so far.

Hi Everyone! So I finally got a TASM2 Spiderman costume together for Megacon in Orlando. We'll call this the Beta version. I used the print here but added the muscle shading from Ken's Raimi version. I had it printed and sewn by Zentai Zone as a custom print with custom size option. I had the U zipper, a back of head zipper, and wrist zippers. With expedited shipping, it cost me $95 and I received it in 12 days from ordering. I used $5 water shoes from Walmart for the soles and Shoe Goo (another $5) to attach. The Shoe Goo worked well. I bought Ken's lens frames from Shapeways. I can't remember the price exactly but I think it was less than $30 for the set. I used plastic cut from the top part of 2 liter coke bottles for the lenses (this worked alot better than I expected). I made my own faceshell by sculpting the form in water based clay onto a styrofoam head. I took lots of measurements of my head and trasposed them to the sculpt to make sure it would fit. I then sealed the clay with spray lacquer and coated it with 3 coats of PVA. I layed up 3 layers of fiberglass cloth (surfboard cloth) with resin/hardener I got from Home Depot. After it cured, I tore the clay and styrofoam out of the shell. The PVA worked great and nothing stuck to the inside of the fiberglass. I trimmed up the shell with a jigsaw and sanded it down until it was pretty smooth. I didn't bother filling in any little divots because I didn't think that they would show up through the spandex (they didn't). Overall, this was a pretty cheap way to make a custom faceshell compared to what's available on the market. It did come out a little big, especially around the jaw, but i can adjust it later. I cut out some craft foam spiders and started coating them with a mix of latex and acrylic paint. I ultimately never put these on the costume because I had to help my family get there costumes completed. I also didn't get time to do any puff painting but that worked out ok too. All in all it came out pretty good for the money and time I spent on it. I was pretty happy and everyone loved it. I think I spent a total of about $150-$160 on this costume.

Here are some pics of making the head shell and the final (Beta) costume:

Spidey Clay.jpg Shell_1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Shell_2.jpg Spidey_Son_1.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice. I had alot of fun making this and can't wait to make it even better.

Amazing job! Thanks for sharing!

I've downloaded the .PSD file on the first page, but I can't find the muscle shading layer when I open it. Is it right? How can I get a muscle shading layer? Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Search for Ken's free Raimi version. It has a muscle shade layer. You can copy it and paste it into this new file. The parts are positioned a little differently so you will have to move them around a bit to match them up but it works.

Does anyone happen to know the measurements of the web shooter? Whenever I open the file or try to have it 3D printed, the file is read as only being 2mm wide. :unsure

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Never mind, I used the Shapeways link to scale the files back up to the correct size.

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to know the measurements of the web shooter? Whenever I open the file or try to have it 3D printed, the file is read as only being 2mm wide. :unsure

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Never mind, I used the Shapeways link to scale the files back up to the correct size.

its somewhere in this thread but just to refresh everyone's memory... Almost all of my files need to go through netfabb to have the units converted. If you are printing on shapeways just upload as inches.... this should scale things properly. In the future I hope to convert all units before I make them available. In the past this has caused problems but I think that since most folks are converting to gcode anyway all should be good.... happy new year everyone!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back