The 12th Doctor's New Sonic Screwdriver

Wow, these look incredible!! If it's any use I've just seen the addition of 12's sonic to the BBC screwdriver app and it seems to have four light modes, two green and two blue.

Wow, these look incredible!! If it's any use I've just seen the addition of 12's sonic to the BBC screwdriver app and it seems to have four light modes, two green and two blue.

What's the point of two green and two blue light modes? Is one mode constantly lit and the other is the "revolving" light mode?

Yeah, blue full on, blue revolving, green full on and green pulsating/travelling upwards (can't find the right word). All four have different sounds, the pulsating green mode's is quite unusual. Also according to the app the switch is pulled down for blue and up for green

Yeah, blue full on, blue revolving, green full on and green pulsating/travelling upwards (can't find the right word). All four have different sounds, the pulsating green mode's is quite unusual. Also according to the app the switch is pulled down for blue and up for green

After reading your post I decided to download the app and took some screen grabs showing features that haven't yet been confirmed or seen.

Aside from the various light patterns, we can see two screws on the back of the sonic, just like the other screws. This also confirms that they're hex screws.

IMG_6336.PNG

And second thing is a confirmation that the ring just below the cage section is indeed a knurled pattern. Some screen shots made this area appear smooth but a shot of Nick assembling it showed what appeared to be a texture like we've seen in the prototype drawings. But it's on this model, so I'd call that a solid confirmation!

IMG_6335.PNG

I'm going to add the screws seen on the back to my model, I already had the knurl texture on that ring so I think we have a better idea now of what the whole thing looks like.

Has anybody heard any word from CO if they're going to be making a toy of this? I'd be interested in seeing what they can do.
Pictures have come out of people with, what is rumored to be, a prototype of the CO toy. How these people got them, I have no idea. In short, yes, CO will be making one and it is rumored to come out in October of this year.

Pictures have come out of people with, what is rumored to be, a prototype of the CO toy. How these people got them, I have no idea. In short, yes, CO will be making one and it is rumored to come out in October of this year.
Neat. Until The Wand Company announces their plans I'll stick with the CO one since the only thing my wallet is full of is dust.

I'll second fishboy220's request. I've tried several Google searches trying to find the pics PhilmFreak mentioned, but all I can find are 3D-printed, LEGO, or other DIY builds of it.

12801650_976716369071172_8724225786036332310_n.jpg12771488_970617439681065_3038142958107188232_o.jpg

Here they are. I believe these are the only pictures, but those who uploaded them have said that they are prototypes. I am skeptical, but they do not look 3d printed or like the Rubbertoe.

I'm 99% certain that this is a Rubbertoe Replicas prototype. That guy is David Bickerstaff who has given quite a few prop replicas to Peter.

I'm reasonably certain that is a CO version coming but that this isn't it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back