Terra Nova References & Analysis Thread - for Pics of Props, etc.

Mike J.

Master Member
I'm starting this as a 'references & analysis only' thread:

Please post only references of the props & costumes (etc) or analysis and dissection of the same.

Useful screencaps, behind-the-scenes photos or publicity stills are exactly what I'm hoping to compile here. If you can ID parts or found objects, please tell others.

This is not intended to be a guns-only thread. Props, vehicles, set dressing and costumes are all welcome here.

Critiques of the show itself will be politely frowned upon. That belongs in another thread or another forum. Think of this thread as a reference book.

Please do not post your own builds / replicas / works here :)

And please label, describe or caption the images in your post, in order to assist persons who may use the search function. Nothing fancy is necessary - very general terms should work fine.

Thank you, and have a nice day :)

-Mike J.

Blank-firing rifle. Note the cut-out in the stock (probably to accommodate the charging handle) and the cut-out for the ejection port.

I know this thread is not just about the weapons.but I sure hope we can compile some more pics of those...

Heh heh heh.

I've got a few more publicity stills to go through, and then we can dig into some hi-res screencaps. Don't you worry your pretty little head.

:)

-MJ

A couple of weeks ago, I took a bunch of screencaps from a 720p rip of the pilot.

Nite-Finder-based gun:

picture1dt.png

picture2uy.png

picture4l.png

picture8jy.png

picture16qb.png

picture23gv.png

picture26e.png

picture27w.png

Recon-based gun:

picture3jlx.png

picture5kd.png

picture17xy.png

picture18pz.png

picture19fo.png

picture21qs.png

picture24en.png

Blank-firing gun (which turns out to be a Longshot flipped upside down):

picture6cb.png

picture7dz.png

picture9su.png

picture10tg.png

picture13fh.png

picture20vqt.png

picture25n.png

The armor was identified on a different website, Ill share it here. Its Dainese Wave Armour, just with a little paint. Its motorcycle rider armor, so Ill assume its not cheap.

Cheers,
-John-

I thought this was interesting..

nerf.jpg

Yep. It’s the same gun. They’ve bought a bunch of Nerf guns, painted them black, and handed them out to the extras. And you know what? It kind of works. You’d never suspect that’s what those prop guns are, without the NERF gun sitting right next to them.

AnubisGuard, you're my freeking hero for the day.

Having built the Rifle, I'm doing the Pistol right now. Your pictures have helped a LOT, thanks.

Oh, expect to see a "Terra Nova: Pistol Build Tutorial" in a few days :lol:

Blank-firing rifle. Note what appear to be cut-outs for the delta ring and the bolt catch. The cut-down stock area (for the charging handle) is also visible.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back