Terminator: Genisys

Here's my pitch for a prequel show:

3 Sarah's

An intimate portrayal of three women named sarah Connor and the lives they lead.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Here's my pitch for a prequel show:

3 Sarah's

An intimate portrayal of three women named sarah Connor and the lives they lead.

Actually, one of the Dark Horse Comics told a side story to the original film that dealt with a recently married woman named Sarah Conner being target by a T-800 with a female exterior.

I don't know about the critics, but I've seen it last night, at a mini-marathon where we had Terminator 1 just before Genesys, and I liked it. I don't consider Terminator 1 as a masterpiece anyway, and some SFX did not age well (puppet arnold much ?)

Not aged well? The Arnold puppet never looked good so how could it age well? It sucked in 1984 and it still sucks, thankfully special effects do not a movie make.

Actually, one of the Dark Horse Comics told a side story to the original film that dealt with a recently married woman named Sarah Conner being target by a T-800 with a female exterior.
If I were to pitch this drama the series finale would end at the beginning of the terminator as arnie comes a knockin'...

Saw it today and loved it! It wasn't as great as T1 or T2, but seriously you're setting the bar pretty freaking high expecting it to be as good as either of those. It's certainly better than T3/T4 though, then again those are pretty low bars. I like the forcing things into an alternate timeline for purposes of having more stories to tell with Skynet/Genisys. I still don't buy the bus flip scene tough. I don't think there's any chance the Terminator or the bus could generate enough torque to flip it through the air like that. Still, it's got time travelling robots in predestination paradoxes all over the place. I can excuse it for being a little over the top on the action.

One question though, I may have misunderstood it, but didn't "Pops" say that John couldn't impersonate other people at one point? And in the next scene John does?

Saw it today and loved it! It wasn't as great as T1 or T2, but seriously you're setting the bar pretty freaking high expecting it to be as good as either of those. It's certainly better than T3/T4 though, then again those are pretty low bars. I like the forcing things into an alternate timeline for purposes of having more stories to tell with Skynet/Genisys. I still don't buy the bus flip scene tough. I don't think there's any chance the Terminator or the bus could generate enough torque to flip it through the air like that. Still, it's got time travelling robots in predestination paradoxes all over the place. I can excuse it for being a little over the top on the action.

One question though, I may have misunderstood it, but didn't "Pops" say that John couldn't impersonate other people at one point? And in the next scene John does?

No, Pops said that they couldn't imitate him (and presumably other Terminator units). No actual explanation is given as to why.

No, Pops said that they couldn't imitate him (and presumably other Terminator units). No actual explanation is given as to why.

I'd assume it's due to the same rules of what the T1000 can imitate. T-1000 can not transform into complex machines with mechanical moving parts or chemical fuels, like guns or bombs

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird
Cameron's idea was that the T-800s had small organs which kept the "living tissue" well you know, living
:p

And the idea also had the Terminator eating in order to keep that tissue alive. I remember reading that there was as scene where you see the Terminator eat a candy bar, which included its wrapper, but he chose to remove it because it looked to comedic.

I thought that was just to make it blend in and seem just like a working Joe. Was it for actual nourishment or did they just recon that later?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back