Terminator: Genisys

GEE I wonder why.

Are we really THAT surprised, though? Honestly?

Not one bit. Been saying it all along after all.

More facepalm moments:

It's bad enough they don't have enough creativity to come up with new ideas, but when they try to recreate old ideas and scenes they fail miserably at it

"We told them so"? :p :lol

It would be more of a surprise if it was good.

The critics all seem to agree Jai Courtney sucks. Hope they chase him right out of Hollywood with bad reviews.

I would be much happier if the idiots that did the casting get chased out of Hollywood.

Last edited by a moderator:

Figures that's Sandrine Holt's character would be dead in this film. Before anyone says, "How do you know for sure that her character is dead? She could be alive." First off, it's a franchise film that Sandrine is appearing in, which past franchise roles have had her character killed. Second, established canon. "The subject that's being copied is terminated." - T-800, Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

Check out the terribly sloppy face-replacement shot of Arnie at 0:26 of the clip (as he comes through the mirror & shoves the bad guy). Hopefully that's not the final rendering.

thatfacet_zpsceal80nm.png

I have no idea what you're talking about. Obviously a new feature of the T-800 is that his hair now glows.

The visual effects really are poop

Second, established canon. "The subject that's being copied is terminated." - T-800, Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

1st: Uncle Bob said "typically", meaning not always.
2nd: It's "Judgment Day"
3rd: Yeah, agreed. Her character is definitely dead meat :lol
and 4th: The makers of T3, Salvation and Genisuckass, ALLL of them thinks this of "established canon":
canonpoop_zpshncdpfgn.jpg

I don't know about the critics, but I've seen it last night, at a mini-marathon where we had Terminator 1 just before Genesys, and I liked it. I don't consider Terminator 1 as a masterpiece anyway, and some SFX did not age well (puppet arnold much ?). The retcon at the beginning of Genesys with T1 was really well done, the rest of the story is ok, nothing spectacular, but it feels like a terminator movie unlike the last one. It's a small 7/10 for me, as it seems to be for most of the regular movie goers on IMDB. Even the big twist John is a terminator is not that much of a twist, it's coming quite early in the movie and you can guess something is up by the time Kyle is sent to the past anyway.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back