Superman: Man of Steel Costume *Final Steel Concept Page 7*

Re: Superman: Man of Steel Costume

Some of that detail is impossible, even with an undersuit or perfect physique. The material wouldn't adhere to the definition of his ab muscles in that way without help - and they just look a bit too sculpted to begin with. I think Neoprene or foam latex both sound likely, sculpted over a lifecast and cast/baked with an inner/outer mold.

Some of that detail is impossible, even with an undersuit or perfect physique. The material wouldn't adhere to the definition of his ab muscles in that way without help - and they just look a bit too sculpted to begin with. I think Neoprene or foam latex both sound likely, sculpted over a lifecast and cast/baked with an inner/outer mold.

Would u be up for making a suit like this? I love ur tmnt project

Would u be up for making a suit like this? I love ur tmnt project

Thanks very much! If I like the film enough, I may tackle the suit. I'll have to wait to see it though. The methods I presume were employed are a bit out of my area of expertise (and the pieces are larger than my oven!) but I have some good ideas to try which could be effective. The more I look at it, the more I think some form of stretch lycra was applied over the pieces I was describing and glued down. In any case, this is not Cavill's natural form we're seeing. No lycra would reveal those bicep veins or the abdominal muscles this way - but I do think Lycra is used over the top, with the pattern screened on.

Thanks very much! If I like the film enough, I may tackle the suit. I'll have to wait to see it though. The methods I presume were employed are a bit out of my area of expertise (and the pieces are larger than my oven!) but I have some good ideas to try which could be effective. The more I look at it, the more I think some form of stretch lycra was applied over the pieces I was describing and glued down. In any case, this is not Cavill's natural form we're seeing. No lycra would reveal those bicep veins or the abdominal muscles this way - but I do think Lycra is used over the top, with the pattern screened on.

I 100% agree. It's unatural for any material to show that much definition. Even for 4 way lycra or hell, even the ultra thin nylon stockings for that matter. The augmented sections are most likely glued or a part of the suit. It looks very good and seamless as far as the augmented sections of the suit to make the veins and muscles show through.

How many of you guys have purchased the Flex Design Muscle Suits? Thinking about getting one for this particular suit? but they are so pricey

How many of you guys have purchased the Flex Design Muscle Suits? Thinking about getting one for this particular suit? but they are so pricey

I'm thinking of getting one aswell, it's the cheapest and best option for a realistic look, I love the fact it's breatable, light and very flexible as opposed to rubber type muscle suits.

GFollano

pjlDD.jpg

As per the picture above, I believe it is a 2mm neoprene suit with 3D printed micro detail.

I have the the ability to make the suit as they way I have suggested. However for me it just too plain so I'm either going to go and make 1 of the following

mosmdcu.jpg

mdos.jpg

Tell me what u Guys and Gals think

Thanks

I am liking the second suit with the darker colors. They should have hired you to do the colors for the suit. Your modified version looks much better than the actual movie suit.

I am liking the second suit with the darker colors. They should have hired you to do the colors for the suit. Your modified version looks much better than the actual movie suit.

I agree. I'm all about buying this version of the costume. Might have to buy a flex muscle suit though....lol. If not, I'll have to settle for a teen titan robin or kid flash. Or (insert skinny teen looking hero with little muscles)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm certain the colors will be much richer on screen. Color grading changes the look of things fairly dramatically - especially when (over)used, the way Snyder's prone to...

Hey guys new to this forum but wanted to give my opinion as i have been a huge superman fan since the 4th grade.
I think the classic suit would have been the best way to go and as for the red undies being out of style... think about the fact that he's a small town kid in a skin tight suit.... he would want to conserve as much of his modesty as possible down there

Re: Superman: Man of Steel Costume *Updated Steel Concept Page 5*

*update* I am thinking about doing a Steel take on the suit.
Being half black half hispanic makes it weird wearing the regular
Superman suit. Figured I would dress as Steel. What u guys think?
298083_2163298175860_1648777170_2188425_808666_n.jpg

think that while the suit you want is amazing dont let your race dictate what you wear. I personallyl have just about every style of superman out there and even a couple concept art suits i made. and I have no problem wearing any of them.

Love the concept, not sure about the red cape though with those colors.

If all you guys are going to do it change the original design to what you wished it to be, then why bother following the initial design anyway?

Wouldn't it be easier to start on your own, rather than reverse engineer and then change it?

Just curious. Despite our different feelings on the direction of this version of supes, I'm still looking forward to the various interpretations.

I think if you want to be superman, be superman. Make it your own. My wife dresses up as wonder woman, and she has brown hair instead of black. She gets tons of praise (and photo ops). She also is a female Robin based on tim drake's costume, and everyone loves her version of it. Every sunday we see hordes of football fans dressing up as their favorite player and none of them look like that pro athlete. Also, if we want to get all nerd technical, superman is of an alien race, so unless you are kryptonian, even Christopher Reeves was "off" in regards to race.(if you ARE kryptonian with super powers, I'm insanely jealous).With all the various dimensional versions of super heroes, every hero has some gender or race doppeldanger in comics any how. But, more importantly, the bottom line is to not let your race or your appearance stop you from dressing up as whoever you like. I personally hope you choose superman and share your pictures with the forum! These are just my opinions and in no way reflect the opinions of the NCAA, NFL, Dc comics, warner bros studios, or its affiliates. Cheers.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back