Superman: Man of Steel Costume *Final Steel Concept Page 7*

WhoKnows8701

After seeing the recent photos of the Man of Steel
costume, is anyone thinking about making this
costume? I really wanna have this costume made
for the premier or even before San Diego Comic-Con.
I just wanna do a few tweaks.

What you guys thinking of doing?

This would be awesome to remake!

I am thinking about doing a Steel take on the suit.
Being half black half hispanic makes it weird wearing the regular
Superman suit. Figured I would dress as Steel. What u guys think?
298083_2163298175860_1648777170_2188425_808666_n.jpg

pjlDD.jpg

386028411.jpg

290822_10150268266440846_690475845_8121845_377048_o.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Superman: Man of Steel Costume

to be honest it looks too.....Spidermany to me! looks like they tried really hard to put textures and stuff in the costume that just dont need to be there. I really liked the Returns costume Routh wore, Still my favorite!

this suit will look good in Dye Sublimation with a nice Flex Design Body Suit under it. I will be tackling this!

I don't like all that crap added to it. What's the point of having a "belt buckle" when there's no belt? Also, I don't know what about it is, I don't think he has the "face" for superman..

I agree with rdmaul and tubachris. Rouths suit was GREAT. This, not so much.

Except for the latex "flare" added to the sides and wrists, this costume is actually fairly close in look to the original Supes costume from the early Action Comics days. Dark blue, stylized S shield. I'm not a fan of the latex on this costume, and the push in Hollywood toward these "textured" fabrics is annoying, but this isn't nearly as bad as the Routh costume in my opinion. I couldn't stand that costume with the tiny bikini briefs and the tiny S shield.

Not sure about the actor in this costume. In that first picture, he looks like John Travolta from Grease! I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, though. I thought casting Heath Ledger as the Joker was a misstep when I first heard about it, but I was proven wrong there. Anything has to be better than Superman Returns. I'd even watch Superman 4 before I sat through Returns again...

Off topic rant over...

The tough part about this suit would be pulling off the natural muscle underneath. Let's face it, most of us probably aren't cut like this actor is, so any suit created would need to have some natural looking bulk added to it.

I Was hoping this would look better. Now seeing it finally, I do not like it at all.

Hollywood is getting a bit out of hand with ruining well known costumes to make them more "modern".

What was wrong with the costume we all know and love?

I think it has a lot to do with using actors without much body definition so they can manipulate a shape.

Batman was notorious for that.

To see the costume in full form texture, cape and what not. This is a VEY nice costume.

It's a well crafted costume.
Just not appropriate for the character is the problem many of us have.

That style for some other character would be fine.

I for one luv the costume. I will be sporting a suit like this for the premier, probably even for comic-con

What was wrong with the costume we all know and love?

You mean besides the facts that it's iconic and people all over the world recognize it?

I guess the biggest problem is that Hollywood didn't design it. And, God forbid, everybody in Hollywood feels the overriding need to put their own spin on everything!

I for one REALLY prefer the classic costume..but that's jsut me..also the Superman curl is a must in my book..however DC has revamped tehm and alot of the heroes have gotten new designs to their costumes...like pic below. Which is pretty on par with the new movie look...will say I do prefer his build..looks pwerful and to me captures the Superman look...we'll have to see what it looks like on film..still like the red underwear..impractical or not...LOL

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back