Sucker Punch costume thread

hello! okay i'm new :D friend of predpaul :)
okay so i'm Babydoll
271078_10150364975708154_621108153_10086580_3820449_n.jpg

283847_10150371967743154_621108153_10154617_3965377_n.jpg

282620_10150375196603154_621108153_10191534_5236588_n.jpg

eveything was absolutely handmade by me :) i'll be wearing this to another event in a few months (with predpaul as wiseman) so i'm making a few changes.

the stockings will be less opaque with a darker section at the top. i'm going to be editing the shoes as they're not t-bar yet (wish i could wear higher heels but i'd be too tall!) and im also repainting my katana handle and scabbard. any other suggestions?
(i'll also be changing the hair, my hair is whiter now and its also longer)
OMg that's a great BabyDoll! You look just like her :)

aw you guys :D thank you!

i can't wait!

if anyone needs some advice or help with their babydoll costumes i am more than happy to help :D you can email me x

hello! okay i'm new :D friend of predpaul :)
okay so i'm Babydoll (i'll also be changing the hair, my hair is whiter now and its also longer)

Let me add my voice to the chorus of your admirers. You definitely have the look. I usually have to hide my face behind a full-face mask whenever I'm in costume. It must be nice to physically resemble the character. :lol

Parks

haha why thankyou :D i can never compare to the beauty of emily browning but i'm working on making myself look more realistic haha (or trying to!) i adore your steampunk zombie nazi soilder whatchma call it.. absolutley amazing! (also have a major crush on the blondie from this thread!) :D

Hi, I admit I joined this site because I'm wanting to make a Babydoll costume for Halloween (never had a chance to go to a con). I've looked through some of this thread but there's a lot of information to go through so I thought I'd just join up and get my plans out there.

For the skirt, I'm using information from TONKA1675's thread, along with this video: Baby Doll’s Sucker Punch Box Pleat Skirt With Yoke : Secretlifeofabionerd | Secret Life of a Bio Nerd DIY - One Stop Shop. Hair, Makeup and Even how to make your own clothes.

The shoes I will probably get from sears: Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

As for the top, I plan on starting with this pattern: Womens Tops Sewing Pattern 6598 New Look
and I'm using this tutorial for the collar: ‪How To Cosplay: Make A Sailor Fuku (School Uniform)!‬‏ - YouTube
but I'm not sure about the sleeves or some of the other details. Any advice there?

I'm also not sure about any of the other accessories. I'm more concerned with spending as little as possible than complete accuracy, since this is just for Halloween, but if I'm going to go through the trouble of making something, I want to do it right.

Is anyone planning on attending the Baltimore Comic Con this month? I was at Otakon with my Sweet Pea, but only ran into one other SP and never saw the other Baby Dolls or Ambers.

My new Babydoll katana arrived today!

184056_700276798015_49404675_35690514_3905513_n.jpg

185347_700277257095_49404675_35690516_7856019_n.jpg

224574_700277381845_49404675_35690517_1046483_n.jpg

I'll post a few more pics later. The sheath is utterly gorgeous, the guard could use some major weathering though. The blade etching is done nicely, though some of the details seem a bit lost on a few parts. Overall pretty awesome though.

Overall pretty awesome though.

Good to know, mine is in transit. I had to put my POTC Barbossa sword, which is an actual movie prop, on eBay in order to afford to buy this (and a couple of other things). I would have been upset if the sword was a piece of junk. :rolleyes

Parks

184056_700276798015_49404675_35690514_3905513_n.jpg

185347_700277257095_49404675_35690516_7856019_n.jpg

224574_700277381845_49404675_35690517_1046483_n.jpg

I'll post a few more pics later. The sheath is utterly gorgeous, the guard could use some major weathering though. The blade etching is done nicely, though some of the details seem a bit lost on a few parts. Overall pretty awesome though.

Who's selling them and how much? :love

Paul

Hello,

I'm french so, sorry for my bad english.
I want to thank you for all the information on this thread. It helped me a lot when i started my costume of Amber. And i love your work girls !!!

Here are some pics of my friends and me, and a video of our performance on stage at Japan Expo in Paris :

08- Groupe Sucker Punch Cosplay Comic'con Japan Expo 2011 (dimanche) - YouTube

Bye ;)

Outstanding work. We may have the closest ever to Baby Doll in our group but Illyne is Sweet Pea. I hope ours turns out as good as yours for London Expo :cool

Paul

Man everyone is looking surperb! Mad Props to the ladies in France!!! Looking fabulous! Ladies in the UK.... looking great!!! I'm loving EVERYTHING I see! You guys are all amazing, can't wait to see more and more pictures! Please keep 'em coming. :)

Much Love,
Cyna Myn

P.S: Moni, your Katana looks kick ass! Now I gotta show ya how to stand with it. :p Hopefully this time you won't kill me when I walk next to you.

P.S.S: How are the rest of you guys walking next to your Babydoll? There were SO many times I had to hold on to the hilt of RB's sword so I wouldn't kill myself in the crowd. hahaha! :)

Hello,

I'm french so, sorry for my bad english.
I want to thank you for all the information on this thread. It helped me a lot when i started my costume of Amber. And i love your work girls !!!

Here are some pics of my friends and me, and a video of our performance on stage at Japan Expo in Paris :

08- Groupe Sucker Punch Cosplay Comic'con Japan Expo 2011 (dimanche) - YouTube

Bye ;)

Wow ! You've really put a lot of work into those outfits ! I'm really impressed , it looks just like you've walked straight from the movie ! Would you have any closer shots of all the girls individually please? I particularly love the Sweetpea costume ( she's my favourite - gotta love Abbie Cornish) . Very well done ! :thumbsup

I ♥ this thread... For its technical expertise and level of detail in the costume design. I love the work that's gone into the costumes, You are doing an awesome job...

Outstanding work. We may have the closest ever to Baby Doll in our group but Illyne is Sweet Pea. I hope ours turns out as good as yours for London Expo :cool

Paul

Yes, i think the same for your Baby Doll ! And good luck for London Expo ! You'll be great !

MisterInfinity said:
Tu es belle :)

^^ merci.

paulcarson said:
Wow ! You've really put a lot of work into those outfits ! I'm really impressed , it looks just like you've walked straight from the movie ! Would you have any closer shots of all the girls individually please? I particularly love the Sweetpea costume ( she's my favourite - gotta love Abbie Cornish) . Very well done ! :thumbsup

You can go here for me : Cosplay de Amber Extrait de Sucker Punch fait par Atalante - Cosplay-it.com

And tatadin, for Illyne ;) : Sweet pea Japan expo 2011 - www.illyne.com

For the others, you can go here : Cosplay-it : Galeries photos de cosplay - Cosplay-it.com and look in Japan Expo's album.

(to difficult to write in english... i'm very bad...)

Atalante, vos costumes sont magnifique, et votre groupe aussi, très bien :)

P.S: Moni, your Katana looks kick ass! Now I gotta show ya how to stand with it. :p Hopefully this time you won't kill me when I walk next to you.

P.S.S: How are the rest of you guys walking next to your Babydoll? There were SO many times I had to hold on to the hilt of RB's sword so I wouldn't kill myself in the crowd. hahaha! :)

Haha yeah really. It may just be me though. I'm used to skates being an extension of myself, not weaponry. I may just be klutzy about that. I'll try not to give you any more concussions. :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back