Sucker Punch costume thread

Getting close to finishing Babydoll (this version at least, I want to do glitter and orphan too XD) forgot my hand wrap here, whoops

229245_10150244305411187_600816186_8984577_7072695_n.jpg

Left to do!
- Belt loops for Holster
- Buttons on shirt, skirt and sleeves
- Fix wonky collar (I had to re-make the front of the shirt cause the original had an accident, this one isn't as good :/ and now the collar is doing wonky things on the one side)
- tack down scarf
- Pray sword comes in time for me to mod. it/period before A.N (the first two places I ordered from....canceled my order with a full refund because they were out of stock *head desk* )
-Pray new wig comes by A.N (this ones too yellow, so it's going to be used for my Sylvanas cosplay for D*con, i found a perfect one for Baby..it's in the mail...so pray it gets here. If not at least I'll have it for when I wear this to D*con)

I got mine from Spitcrazy and they were about $100 shipped.

sorry guys i forgot to explain, by $200 i meant in pesos, meaning that whichever the price, it would be at least 4 times more in my currency :)

in other news (?) the leotard is DONE! cannot believe it *_____* it's fully boned and gorgeous and most of all, the best i could do :p i'm super proud of it, and love it and hope it doesnt come apart like the rest of my cosplays LOL.

Hi everyone!

I'm totally new here, but I read this whole thread today. I'm looking to wear a Babydoll costume to my friend's costume house-warming party. I have absolutely no ability to make costumes, and can't afford to have one made, so yes I will be buying one of the fancy-dress ones (I know, I know, don't hate me :$ )

Anyway, I'm in need of a holster. I thought I'd found one, until I realised it had no place for the magazine clip on the left side, and it would be ponting up instead of out (so the butt of the gun would be under the armpit instead of facing out) so obviously that's no good.

Does anyone know where I can find one that looks like Babydoll's for a decent price?

liliypop: i used denim to make the strap. I sewed the pieces then braided them together.

I may be able to post progress pics of my costume later tonight. I just "finished" the top today and I am about to make the skirt :)

These progress pics are looking awesome! looking forward to the inevitable Hot Women of SDCC thread!

The irony of this Thread is: once or twice a year someone starts a 'Post a pic of yourself' in the OT section.

Usually the same 15-25 geeky, ugly nerds (myself included) offer up a photo of ourselves. Usually none on the RPF ladies post a picture, despite the OT being a section that only members can access and does not show up in online searches.

But in the Costume Section, not only do they show photos of themselves, but in costumes too. It's a mad, mad world.

Awesome looking costumes, wishing I was going to SDCC this year.

Damn that looks dead on!

Wig is slick!!

-Robb

Getting close to finishing Babydoll (this version at least, I want to do glitter and orphan too XD) forgot my hand wrap here, whoops

229245_10150244305411187_600816186_8984577_7072695_n.jpg

Left to do!
- Belt loops for Holster
- Buttons on shirt, skirt and sleeves
- Fix wonky collar (I had to re-make the front of the shirt cause the original had an accident, this one isn't as good :/ and now the collar is doing wonky things on the one side)
- tack down scarf
- Pray sword comes in time for me to mod. it/period before A.N (the first two places I ordered from....canceled my order with a full refund because they were out of stock *head desk* )
-Pray new wig comes by A.N (this ones too yellow, so it's going to be used for my Sylvanas cosplay for D*con, i found a perfect one for Baby..it's in the mail...so pray it gets here. If not at least I'll have it for when I wear this to D*con)

The irony of this Thread is: once or twice a year someone starts a 'Post a pic of yourself' in the OT section.

Usually the same 15-25 geeky, ugly nerds (myself included) offer up a photo of ourselves. Usually none on the RPF ladies post a picture, despite the OT being a section that only members can access and does not show up in online searches.

But in the Costume Section, not only do they show photos of themselves, but in costumes too. It's a mad, mad world.

Awesome looking costumes, wishing I was going to SDCC this year.

I think the problem there lies in that a lot of times women who post pics of themselves in costume find that the pics get "stolen" and used by others without their consent. I know a few ladies that it's happened to.

Wow! These costumes are starting to come along. I wish I could attend SDCC but I'll just have to catch some of you ladies at Dragon*Con. :)

Can anyone recommend a good contact for commissioning Amber's shoulder holster and belt rig? I'd like to work with someone on this and I have no skills with leather.

I'm not able to help out at the moment, but my boss could make the whole rig for you. Send me a PM and I'll give you his info.

Just got a pair of flamenco dance shoes in today that I will be modifying. I found an airsoft Colt 1911 at Wal Mart but it is the long barrel. It does have the correct hand grips for anyone interested and it was only $10! I am thinking about chopping off the end of the barrel and sectioning it at that cost, then again, two of them would be great for Laura Croft....

Has anyone sourced a good replica of the hand guard on the sword?

Amber costume disappointment:

I gathered the materials to make an Amber costume for my daughter to wear to SDCC 2011 (I am going as one of the German soldier zombies): Chinese Air Force hi-altitude suit, WW2 British Army sidecap, high lace-up boots, and leather holster. However, she plays on a lacrosse team that just won their Regionals and the Nationals are the same week as SDCC. Plus, being a teenager, she has lost her enthusiasm for portraying Amber.

I was just about to start modifying the Chinese hi-alt suit, but now don't think that's going to happen. I'm bummed and not sure what to do next, except for finishing my German zombie outfit.

Parks

Hello, all! I wanted to post some pics of version 1.0 of the Babydoll Colt 1911s that RebelChef and I have been working on (we made six, this time around). We're very happy with the way the metallic finish came out (though the pics do not do it justice). Big thanks to epilepticsquirrel for the decals! We decided not to make our own charms at this time, but may incorporate them into version 2.0. Future versions may also include the modified slide and beaver tail (among other things). This project has been quite the learning experience in many ways! So, without further ado...

normal_1911.jpg

normal_1911a.jpg

normal_1911b.jpg

normal_1911c.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know of the source for the Wiseman's Trench scene cover/hat? A USMC Garrison Cover could work except for the fact that the bill is covered in the same material in the movie. I've never seen that done before...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back