Sucker Punch costume thread

I asked before but no one answered so I don't know if no one knows or if no one saw...so thought I'd ask again just in case....does anyone know of an actual pattern for the military hat that Amber wears? Also the lacing that goes up and down her jacket and pants, is that elastic cording or is it ties made from the same material as her uniform?

Thanks!

I asked before but no one answered so I don't know if no one knows or if no one saw...so thought I'd ask again just in case....does anyone know of an actual pattern for the military hat that Amber wears? Also the lacing that goes up and down her jacket and pants, is that elastic cording or is it ties made from the same material as her uniform?

Thanks!

I don't know of any patterns, but that type of hat should be available at any uniform or army navy store. The only thing is the cut would have to be modified. So you should be able to dissemble the real one to make the pattern. IMHO the Suckerpunch one does seem to be of a more European cut.

Started work on the Amber costume for my gf. Thanks SG-RB!

Chinese Pressure suit un-altered.
IMG_7625.jpg

After removing all the tubing.
IMG_7626.jpg

chopped.
IMG_7638.jpg

more to come . . .

Hi people ! Some moths ago I saw in this forum an amber costume in progess,( btw it looks awesome !) because I was finding someone else doing a sucker punch costume. Now that i've finished it (Babydoll), and presented it here on a con, i'd like to share it :) I'm planning to do some others in the future, sweet pea and amber rock. So we'll se what happens next !
I had a lot of problems with the wig, so i ended buying it in my country (argentina) it's shorter, but an accurate one is on the way !

2782070.jpg

5201356471_7f3cb52298_z.jpg

I changed my clothes so fast that I wore the katana pointing to my left, and it has to be on my rigth, but anyways. I did my best !

Hope you like it.

pd: i'd also like to share this page
Sucker Punch (2011) - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database
i don't know if someone uses it already, but you can find the name of any weapons used on any film. it really helped me to find a replica similar to babydoll's M1911A1.

xx

Last edited:
Thank you so much !! What do you mean by pattern? I'm from Argentina and my vocabulary is really poor, for real xD
I used gabardine ( normal and elasticized ) and a very thin fabric for the neckerchief (it's called FRISELINA here).
The hardest part was the holster actually. We had to do it directly over my body on paper, and then on leather, so it fits perfectly. I've said we cuz my bf helped me.

It seemed easy, but no one is. I'd love to do amber's, but I look nothing like her ahah. Sweet pea might be a future work !

xx

I don't know how to explain in english but I'll try. I did it with help from a friend's grandmother that used to do bridal dresses, so she knew a lot. she got me the sailor neck pattern and then put it on the jacket, that is a simple short V neck shirt with four darts (two on the front and two on the back. Then the sleves are a little wider, so they get that "princess" shape. The belt part is a doubble fabric part. then the skirt is a pleated one, an ordinary one but with a wider up part (reforeced), and a slit.
And.. I think thats all, generally !

Great Baby Doll costume! The amber is looking good too keep the picture coming.
The amber hat is based off WW2 British side cap.
The are pictures on the web you can see.

Steve

so while not about costumes for Sucker Punch I am REALLLLLLLLLY excited to go see the screening of Sucker Punch tonight! I'm hoping to see more detail stuff and just get better glimpses of all the costumes everyone wears before officially starting on one of them.

^ Jealous!

Where/how are you getting to see an advanced screening?

OMG! OMG! Sooooooooooooo Good!!

Also I live in the L.A. area and the screening was in Chatsworth. We signed up I believe for screening invitations online and got this one the other day. Like I was going to miss it!!

I wanted to do Amber cuz I love her costume but I have a problem with not being Asian or brunette at least. Sigh......I think I may go with Sweet Pea.

I'll have to have a think.

SO GOOD!!!!!!!

Agh! Advance screenings already?! I'm jealous! :)

I'd love to see some more reference shots of the zombie soldiers. I was originally thinking of doing the Pink Bunny Mech, but I fear I just don't have the money for the raw materials right now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back