Sucker Punch costume thread

Still haven't found anything suitable for Babydoll's holsters. Risu, you still interested in doing those?

Cereza thanks for the ref photos for the charms! :-D

Yr welcome ! :)
We did my holsters first on paper pattern and then tried it on my body and made it fit pefectly. Then pass it to leather. If you find someone that can sew leather, you'll have it in a flash. Mine were done in a week :$ I'll upload a photo later, so you can see it's pretty handmade but still awesome ^^
I don't know if it helps, :)

Amber's is pretty good... modding a flight suit I'd imagine would be a lot of work so that's one I think could be pulled off. Babydoll's is passable but looks like lycra/spandex/supercheapcostumecrap... the others... *shudder* Thanks for sharing!!! I'm kinda sad they made these though 'cause now they'll be everywhere next Halloween. :(

Yeh I thought the same :( It will be sucker punch s*cking costumes everywhereeee. And they are kinna from a sexshop, yayks.

wow.. those premade costumes are bad.. all the cuts for the panties (sorry, i'm calling it how i see it) are really wide on the premades.
as well as alot of other inconsistencies..
btw.. why does the amber model have a knife? why not a pistol like she has in the promo?

Just took the words form my mouth.
I figured she has a knife cause of the 5 objects. The map, the knife..
No, they just did whatever came to their minds :lol

New IMAX poster.

sucker-punch-movie-poster-01.jpg

Yr welcome ! :)
We did my holsters first on paper pattern and then tried it on my body and made it fit pefectly. Then pass it to leather. If you find someone that can sew leather, you'll have it in a flash. Mine were done in a week :$ I'll upload a photo later, so you can see it's pretty handmade but still awesome ^^
I don't know if it helps, :)

I'm out of commission at the moment, but I might be able to help you out in a couple/few weeks.

I briefly considered making them myself, but I just get the sinking feeling I'd never get around to it with the other costume stuff and real life preventing it. Plus, I haven't invested in leatherworking equipment because my boyfriend has tons of it, but lives far away, but is moving here relatively soon so I don't wanna spend all that money just to have it go to waste 3 months later...and he could make it, but he's too busy with commissions to do stuff for free for me, but refuses to take money from me haha. You know what they say about cobbler's children not having shoes... :lol *sigh*
I'm definitely in no hurry Risu. Right now I'm shopping for quotes for the most part. I won't even be in the market to buy till then.

I keep thinking Babydoll's headband is a bluish color like her uniform...some pictures it looks black though. Blarg I wish there were better shots of her face that weren't shooped to hell like that promo poster. Anyone have an opinion or any idea as to what her headband color is?

Also gotta figure out what kind of underwear she's wearing. Lol always the weirdest part of costuming with short skirts...the screen-accurate panties question. Though I'd probably go with some straight black boyshorts or something, some option that wouldn't be too awkward for posing in wild fighting stances or going up those glass elevators at Dragoncon...lol

Hey guys just found this thread and i'm blown away from all that you guys have found/done. I've got a group of girlfriends trying to pull together to do all the girls from sucker punch. it's coming along slowly but hopefully we'll get it done by comic-con. I'm gonna be Blondie and ya that hardest part is that shoulder holster thing. I'm just glad those huge posters came out, that helped a bit.

I briefly considered making them myself, but I just get the sinking feeling I'd never get around to it with the other costume stuff and real life preventing it. Plus, I haven't invested in leatherworking equipment because my boyfriend has tons of it, but lives far away, but is moving here relatively soon so I don't wanna spend all that money just to have it go to waste 3 months later...and he could make it, but he's too busy with commissions to do stuff for free for me, but refuses to take money from me haha. You know what they say about cobbler's children not having shoes... :lol *sigh*
I'm definitely in no hurry Risu. Right now I'm shopping for quotes for the most part. I won't even be in the market to buy till then.

I keep thinking Babydoll's headband is a bluish color like her uniform...some pictures it looks black though. Blarg I wish there were better shots of her face that weren't shooped to hell like that promo poster. Anyone have an opinion or any idea as to what her headband color is?

Also gotta figure out what kind of underwear she's wearing. Lol always the weirdest part of costuming with short skirts...the screen-accurate panties question. Though I'd probably go with some straight black boyshorts or something, some option that wouldn't be too awkward for posing in wild fighting stances or going up those glass elevators at Dragoncon...lol

The headbancd is black ! :) here you have some photos : I used babydoll's GENTLE GIANT statue for reference in many things. There're a lot of good photos and angles on the web :)

5002406146_56f1afa015_z.jpg

Compare the color of the band, and the color of the clothes ^^

Sucker-Punch-2081.jpg

An for the underwear ... :O

images_12801980995816.jpg

I used something like this, here in Argentina is called "culotte", but I did a little bit of searching and found it as "knickers" or "tap pants". It is a kind of panty, like a small short, but still a panty, that covers most of you butt :B lol :lol

Wow thanks ! These bastards are going to destroy my wallet :S

I found another photo from November 2010's con, they are all the same :/ I suck at photos and modeling and stuff :$. Soon I'll take some photos at a japonese garden, with my new wig and things i'll have to change from the outfit...

sucker_punch_cosplay_4_by_thecrystalshoe-d37jput.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all! I've added Sweet Pea to my line up for Dragon*Con 2011 (and SDCC 2011, if I end up going), so thought I'd see if I still remembered my password here and join in the fun. Most of it I'm planning to sew myself (especially excited about the corset-coat, since I tackled corsets for the first time last year), but I'm wondering if anyone has a lead on her weapon harness, either what that set up is usually called or where to get it. Here are some of the better pictures I have of it:

From the back, color and texture look like maybe army issue?
agg21.jpg

From the front, simple non-adjustable straps to an adjustable belt at waist level:
16142-550x-suckerheader.jpg

And on the actress, not the statue:
xsweetpea.jpg

Thoughts?

Looks like a custom piece to me. I bet one could be custom made fairly easily though.

Hmm, yeah, custom making it might be easiest, especially since I'm short, heh.

I agree, I'm thinking to do Sweet pea's in a future far away. I thought it to be handmade, it looks pretty easy.
I'd draw the pattern with my measurement in some good cardboard, and cover it with the fabric. It looks like the fabric rucksacks are made from or that stuff :rolleyes , then sew the belts and details. :)

Wow! So behind on this thread! Been enjoying all the new finds and photos - Cereza, you totally rocked Babydoll. Way to go, girl!!

Thank you so much !! :$

Last edited:
Call me crazy, but the back piece that the gun holster is mounted too looks like the chest pads that were used as paulderons for Stormtroopers...

Probably not, probably custom made, but the resemblance is there, to potentially make a pattern off of.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back