Stormtrooper pepakura - TERRA RETURNS! WITH PICS!

Woo!!! The helmets look beautiful! I really do love the design into it! It looks ultra clean, smooth and overall perfect man! :)

Would you consider selling one of those casts you have ready for paint? :cheers

yeah its been finished for a little while now, with all the RPF hack thing a while back i hadn't been back on to upload some finished pics.

Hi Terra1... I found the new name of the HACKED site... it's "the-rpf.com". Don't go there!!! Unfortunately I followed a google link to the site and entered my username and password... so I had to go back and change my password here on the real site to be safe (second time I've had to do that)

I'm new to pepakura and am still wondering, WHAT KIND of resign and wer do u get it

This build was based on my 3D model here, which you can open in Pepakura (or just print out my Pepakura build).
SpaceCowboy - Symmetrical ANH Trooper 3D model for use in Pepakura

If you want to look at a big collection of Star Wars Pepakura models, check out Fierfek here: http://www.therpf.com/f24/fierfeks-star-wars-pepakura-file-development-122071/

You can also do a Google search for non-Star Wars pepakura files... I've seen props from Star Trek to Halo to Iron Man, you name it.

awesome work :O you're incredible!!
can you help me out with mine? I have no idea what I'm doing :)
yeah so this is my progress so far. and now I don't know what's next in the process.
AusuK8iCEAA5C-H.jpg

Hi chougoenen,

Next step is probably fibergalssing, but that's a messy, stinky and toxic business, so do plenty of research on it first before you start (everything you need to know should be here on RPF). I think Atlanthia actually skipped the fiberglassing and used paper mache and then bondo on top of that, but if you haven't seen it, his bucket came out amazing - see it here

Your models looking really good, by the way! Please start your own thread if you haven't so we can follow your progress!

Hi chougoenen,

Next step is probably fibergalssing, but that's a messy, stinky and toxic business, so do plenty of research on it first before you start (everything you need to know should be here on RPF). I think Atlanthia actually skipped the fiberglassing and used paper mache and then bondo on top of that, but if you haven't seen it, his bucket came out amazing - see it here

Your models looking really good, by the way! Please start your own thread if you haven't so we can follow your progress!

hey there :D
I've started moving a bit and covered it up with one layer of resin. it really does stink :lol yeah I tried doing Atlanthia's process but mine got dented really bad at the side :lol

I don't think I'll be making a thread since I've already made 3 helmets and all of them failed miserably :facepalm I'm making the fourth one now :lol

one more thing :lol

can I use wall putty instead of filler ? will it work out the same?

I think if you're planning to make molds from it, and you like working with putty, it should be okay... but it may depend on what type of putty. But whatever you choose, I would stick to one material, because if you use multiple materials then it becomes very difficult to sand evenly.

Your 4th helmet?? Wow, you're pretty dedicated! I'd post a thread anyway, if I were you, as the more people who see it, the more people can post helpful advice. Although I created the 3D helmet for pepakura, I never finished building it myself, so my advice on the topic is limited. My plan was to use the pepakura design as a base to create a template from (like Alan Sinclair - Wizard of Flight - did with his Boba Fett helmet template) but I never had the time to finish it... if I ever get the time to do it, the plan is to make an 85% scale helmet for my son.

I think if you're planning to make molds from it, and you like working with putty, it should be okay... but it may depend on what type of putty. But whatever you choose, I would stick to one material, because if you use multiple materials then it becomes very difficult to sand evenly.

Your 4th helmet?? Wow, you're pretty dedicated! I'd post a thread anyway, if I were you, as the more people who see it, the more people can post helpful advice. Although I created the 3D helmet for pepakura, I never finished building it myself, so my advice on the topic is limited. My plan was to use the pepakura design as a base to create a template from (like Alan Sinclair - Wizard of Flight - did with his Boba Fett helmet template) but I never had the time to finish it... if I ever get the time to do it, the plan is to make an 85% scale helmet for my son.

then I'll use putty then :) yeah, I heard sanding really is a lot of work so, I'll be sticking to putty from now on :lol

yeah 4th :lol I'm thinking on maybe making a thread next week, 'cause this week is probably gonna be my busiest :lol I'm sure you'll find a time to work on your son's helmet :) goodluck on that :)

I'm printing the pep files out as I type (SHOUT OUT TO SPACECOWBOY!).

Truly inspirational Terra! I can't resist challenging myself and attempting a bucket of my own now. Be proud!

Wow great work mate.
I've got a quick question If someone could help me, I need to buy some p38, looking at halfords they have two options available, one standard and one easy sand, easy sand version is more expensive was wondering if there is too much difference between the two. Is it that much harder to sand the standard version?
Which version did u use Terra?

Wow,This has been one of the best threads i have ever read here.Congrats man,you have a bucket there worthy of being up there with the best.

Lee

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back