Stainless steel Stormtrooper blaster

Spaceace

Hi there, about six or seven years ago I made this at work, it’s all steel and yes I know it’s not that accurate but I thought some here would like to see it, it’s been sitting in my loft for years and I think I’m going to paint it at last the scope was probably the hardest part to make.
IMG_0436.jpeg

IMG_0435.jpeg

IMG_0434.jpeg

IMG_0433.jpeg

IMG_0432.jpeg

IMG_0436.jpeg
IMG_0435.jpeg
IMG_0434.jpeg
IMG_0433.jpeg
IMG_0432.jpeg

Amazing! That's a lot of bending!

I might leave it unpainted. The steel is the coolest part for me. Maybe finish off the wood grip with a little sanding and some stain or varnish to bring out the wood.

Amazing! That's a lot of bending!

I might leave it unpainted. The steel is the coolest part for me. Maybe finish off the wood grip with a little sanding and some stain or varnish to bring out the wood.
for my skill level some of the bending was tough. I had to have basic welding for the job and I thought I’d make this, I made it after about six months of practice.

Make another one and paint it...that stainless steel is too beautiful to paint:cool::cool:(y)(y)
Unfortunately I don’t work there anymore, I haven’t picked up a welder for about four years, now you are making me doubt whether I should paint it lol.

I wouldn’t paint it, I would polish it to a chrome-like finish.

It reminds me of Captain Phasma’s chrome blaster, set apart from the regular troopers blasters by the finish.
If I had another Stormtrooper blaster I’d be more tempted to leave it unpainted, at least if I paint it and regret it, it would strip easy.

I got the Airsoft version. Not totally accurate but best in cost vs accuracy, plus IIRC the Airsoft Sterlings were used for ‘Rogue One’.

I got the E-11 specific Airsoft so it already had the scope rail, power cylinders, and barrel T-Track. The scope and box counter are pretty terrible but I’m going for the Luke/Han ANH style so no box counter needed and I got a Blaster Factory scope as an upgrade.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back