Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

All of the "journey to the Force Awakens" books are short-story-ish. Not very deep, but fun quick reads (except for "Aftermath"). Isn't "Aftermath" supposed to be a series on it's own? The first one was pretty good.

All of the "journey to the Force Awakens" books are short-story-ish. Not very deep, but fun quick reads (except for "Aftermath"). Isn't "Aftermath" supposed to be a series on it's own? The first one was pretty good.
I've read "Weapon of a Jedi", almost done with "Smuggler's Run" and have "Moving Target" waiting for me to start reading. And I must say, while short and "young adult" oriented, they were fun reads so far. Loving the small hints at things to come (Sarco Plank, PZ 4CO, etc...)

It isn't so much a retcon as making stuff up to fit the shooting stage verbal shorthand they used at ILM. I'm not really sure when or who first gave that meaning to "the tie fighter", butyes it became an in-universe acronym after the fact.

--Jonah

RIGHT!!!

This is supposed to be the EP7 Spoiler thread,...not the (un)interesting fact thread on naming star wars craft,.....(I personally like the rough nick-name way the craft are named in Star Wars by the ILM guys.....as opposed to the nerdy way it has evolved over the years,.....Snowspeeder...becomes a T-47,.....etc, etc)

.....BUT.....heres a supposedly canon wee story for all you B-Wing lovers out there:

http://www.starwars.com/news/blade-squadron-part-one

J

Hey guys!

Why don't we kill some time by talking about the prequels!
God, no. Everything that bashers say about them has been said a million times in a million different ways. I've had more than enough of the prequel bashing for a lifetime. But thanks for asking first.

T-47 was used in the movie though. The 2-1B medical droid that is taking care of Luke says "Sir, it will take quite a while to evacuate the T-47s."

......Yes,....it was mentioned,....but was a T-47 a Snowspeeder?,.....back then & up until the mid 90's there was no mention in any books etc of a connection,.....a role playing game described Snowspeeders as T-47's,....(a role playing game that made assumptions & got a few things wrong,as far as I remember someone saying)

T-47/Snowspeeder is now canon,...unfortunately,....it is also worth noting that even the pretty recent Making of book by Rinzler, there is no mention of T-47,....it's just Speeders or Snowspeeders

.....but that conversation between Luke & 2-1b....why would a medical droid be concerned with Snowspeeders?

MEDICAL DROID
Sir, it will take quite a while to evacuate the T-forty-sevens.

LUKE
Well, forget the heavy equipment. There's plenty of time to get the smaller modules on the transports.

MEDICAL DROID
Take care, sir.

LUKE
Thanks.
J

Yeah, I'm one of those annoyed by the T-47 = Snowspeeder link that West End Games made. There was nothing in that exchange that even remotely hinted at it. I figured, at the time and now, that it referred to construction equipment used to carve out the base -- possibly quasi-sentient construction droids, hence 2-1B's concern. That tends to always be the sort of thing we refer to when we say "heavy equipment"...

--Jonah

Yeah, I'm one of those annoyed by the T-47 = Snowspeeder link that West End Games made. There was nothing in that exchange that even remotely hinted at it. I figured, at the time and now, that it referred to construction equipment used to carve out the base -- possibly quasi-sentient construction droids, hence 2-1B's concern. That tends to always be the sort of thing we refer to when we say "heavy equipment"...

--Jonah

Yep,...its funny when you see the films & they talk of places, beings, experiences & craft that you don't know anything about,....you imagine and fill in,...like "That little manoeuvre at the Battle of Taanab".....or "Spice mines of Kessle".....or when Luke says ever since the XP-38 came out,...you imagine a newer & improved Landspeeder than his own.....

T-47 = Snowspeeder

Doesn't work

J

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back