Star Wars screen used costume reference photos (originals and prequels)

superbill22

Hi folks,

Yesterday I went to the "Star Wars and the power of costume" exhibit at the EMP museum in Seattle Washington. The exhibit showcases a ton of screen used costumes from the films. I'm working on a generic Jedi costume so I took photos of many of the costumes and specific details that were of interest to me and I thought I'd share them here. I apologize that some are a little blurry and that there's a lot of duplicates, I was using my phone's camera and they don't allow flash photography. Rather than post them all in forum (around 150), I'll post a couple and a link to the rest. I've labeled them as best as I could to help you all out.

More pictures through this link. Feel free to download them and share

I also have some other photos from various scifi, horror, and fantasy films that I'll put in a separate folder when I get a chance
(UPDATE, the other general sci-fi pictures are up on this link)

78EA258F-62B5-4DF4-9B52-775F773B7EE7_zpsnkvvijra.jpg
Tusken raiders

D85CAF2A-37B8-4232-9D59-2D2A396BA665_zpsaoq0ilnd.jpg

one thing that was surprising to me was that the emperor's robe was made of the type of fabric that you'd see for a thermal Henley type shirt

95F786B6-BC4E-48CF-A376-04FE7A6AA3E2_zpsvu9i2ldk.jpg

Obi Wan a new hope

92BA815E-133A-41CC-A450-5328DC315C93_zpslpeq69bc.jpg
Captain Gregar Typho attack of the clones, revenge of the sith

52F7C36C-47E6-4BEF-8085-02109A75D43B_zpsq5i9gk5t.jpg
Luminara Unduli

32F99E95-F584-4C12-B1B3-7D519AC106D7_zpshj5ifpvw.jpg
Zam Wessel attack of the clones

78EA258F-62B5-4DF4-9B52-775F773B7EE7_zpsnkvvijra.jpg

D85CAF2A-37B8-4232-9D59-2D2A396BA665_zpsaoq0ilnd.jpg

95F786B6-BC4E-48CF-A376-04FE7A6AA3E2_zpsvu9i2ldk.jpg

92BA815E-133A-41CC-A450-5328DC315C93_zpslpeq69bc.jpg

52F7C36C-47E6-4BEF-8085-02109A75D43B_zpsq5i9gk5t.jpg

32F99E95-F584-4C12-B1B3-7D519AC106D7_zpshj5ifpvw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for sharing! I loved the obiwan pic

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine the graflex is from episode 7??

Well, it actually looks like Episode IV?! :eek

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, seven grips, glass eye, GRAFLEX lettering... Is it a replica? Experts? @Sym-Cha

9177E121-EEF7-4D4E-86BA-5BD96E4F0411_zpszug9qylj.jpg

All of the costumes were from episodes I-VI. The sabers were in a different exhibit, I'd imagine it's from IV. Didn't get a look at the description plaque because I was in some people's way and didn't want to be rude. The majority of the items at the museum are from the collection of billionaire Paul Allen so I'm guessing it's the real deal

Well, it actually looks like Episode IV?! :eek

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, seven grips, glass eye, GRAFLEX lettering... Is it a replica? Experts? @Sym-Cha

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a...1-EEF7-4D4E-86BA-5BD96E4F0411_zpszug9qylj.jpg
I actually spoke too soon, I am on a veRy very crappy internet connection right now. The big pictures in the gallery wouldn't load so I was looking at all the small ones. With all the excitement with the new pictures I jumped the gun, each picture is labeled and that graflex is labeled ANH.

I though it was the ep7 saber at first because of the grips

i cannot wait to get home tonight and download the r2 pictures, I don't believe I have seen those legs yet in any of my referncebphotos, so it may be something new!!

is this a traveling exhibit?

What I don't get is that the ANH lightsaber has been never seen again since Ep. IV so... that would be amazing.

All of the costumes were from episodes I-VI. The sabers were in a different exhibit, I'd imagine it's from IV. Didn't get a look at the description plaque because I was in some people's way and didn't want to be rude. The majority of the items at the museum are from the collection of billionaire Paul Allen so I'm guessing it's the real deal

Wow! I always wondered how this stuff works, privately owned, he's very lucky!! Do u know if this exhibit is on the road? I remember years and I mean years ago they had a Star Wars props exhibit in the science museum in Boston. Back then digital cameras weren't as common as they are today and I didn't document it, which I should have...

Halliwax, there are some markings on the legs in a couple of the pictures that look like dashed lines (three dashes short, long, sort) inside a curve, that are actually cuts through the casing. That may be no revelation to the r2 builders, I don't know, but I thought it was interesting.

Those 3 dashing have been known of, I'm curious to the circles above them, I have never seen those before...

i am am on a DSL line right now and dropping internet every 5 minutes I'm ready to burn this damn modem....

as for the ANH saber, it looks to be in phenomenal shape, I have a gut feeling it is a replica...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks superbill22, this computer is having a seizure trying to load those pics...

Ywingfighter you're most welcome.

Halliwax I missed your question about it being a traveling exhibit. From what I've heard, the costume exhibit will be in Seattle through October and then yes it will travel.
The exhibit with the sabers (general scifi props/costumes) probably won't travel.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back