Select your single favorite live-action Star Wars film or TV series.

• The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

• Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

• Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise Of Skywalker (2019)

• The Book Of Boba Fett (2021)

• Total voters
julian bond squee GIF

Return of the Jedi is my favorite for several reasons.
But Empire is definitely the best acted and well put together movie.
...and that pod race sure has some really great sound design in it.....
I think that’s part of the fun of this though. Most of us would probably agree on an objective best film, but often our favorites are not the ‘best’ they are the ones we truly love in spite of the things that are wrong.
My favorite Star Wars film is ROTJ. Even though ESB is vastly superior, there's just something I liked about it the most ever since I was a kid.

I remember seeing ESB at the theater in 1980 and being all excited. They had the theatre decked out with SW stuff - was awesome. I think proceeded to watch my heroe's get their asses kicked for 2hrs and 20 minutes or so :) Made Jedi come off that much better with them getting to do the butt kicking this time ;) I always rated the 1, 3, 2 as a result :)

I think age at the time of the release plays a role in how much influence those (OT) movies had. At least I feel it did for me.

I was 7 when SW came out, spent a few years playing with the toys, admiring the trading cards, going to bed looking at the wallpaper, dreaming about it regularly. Keep in mind there wasn't much else going on in in the late 70s. Like I've said in the past; there's a period before SW, and a very different one after. So at 10, when ESB came out, my child's mind was ready for some serious hardcoding. ESB (and its open-ending) took care of that. That's why for me, ESB is up there.

ROTJ had too much closure. Jabba dies, BF "dies", Yoda dies, the Emperor "dies", Vader dies, the Empire is "defeated".

Nearly 40 years later I'm still watching ROTJ a few times a year. Crazy.

I think age at the time of the release plays a role in how much influence those (OT) movies had. At least I feel it did for me.

I was 7 when SW came out, spent a few years playing with the toys, admiring the trading cards, going to bed looking at the wallpaper, dreaming about it regularly. Keep in mind there wasn't much else going on in in the late 70s. Like I've said in the past; there's a period before SW, and a very different one after. So at 10, when ESB came out, my child's mind was ready for some serious hardcoding. ESB (and its open-ending) took care of that. That's why for me, ESB is up there.

ROTJ had too much closure. Jabba dies, BF "dies", Yoda dies, the Emperor "dies", Vader dies, the Empire is "defeated".

Nearly 40 years later I'm still watching ROTJ a few times a year. Crazy.
Extremely well written post

Oh wow! What's the occasion? Is it being re-released in your area?
It's being screened with live orchestra.
First time hearing, well ANY film score performed live.

I had booked tickets to a similar event except for "THE TERMINATOR" in August of 2019, in France. It was supposed to happen in May 2020. However some big virus event happened instead. Hmmm.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back