Star Wars Plug and Control panels

Oh yea, there very well might be the Rotj bunker bombs by the knees of the AT AT pilots in ESB, I didn’t check too closely

Ohhh it was revealed in one of your pic collages - at least for me! I remember maybe Facebook…

The red pushbutton in the Falcon pit is a very cool detail, it probably represents the Falcon's Quick Start / Emergency SITUation take-off switch. The real world application for it is to bypass all flight and navcom checks and immediately zap the starter solenoid into operation - for those moments when you suddenly realise you have landed inside a giant sock-worm (without so much as a "mind if I park my spaceship here....?" ) and need to make a clean getaway, sharpish!

I've not seen the button for sale but here's the starter solenoid in the Falcon engine bay. I find it a well thought-out detail, taken from mid to large sized aircraft.

Attachments

• FalconEngineBay4 Edit2.jpg
    FalconEngineBay4 Edit2.jpg
    735.2 KB · Views: 83
excellent eye, good catch. There are many things that I just don't recognize.... they had so many aircraft parts, I bet we've scrolled by them multiple times. A freaking solenoid..

Yea totally scrolled by and missed stuff that is now soooo obvious in the 4K rez. I read somewhere that the guys who secretly built the Falcon in the hanger also supplied some aircraft parts and the knowledge on how to construct a basic yet convincing looking engine set system based on their work with Short's Sunderland type craft - I think that's what was said lol. So a number of aircraft parts and locations of the set props 'almost' make sense, from a sci-fi movie point of view.

On Monday this week I received a Rolls-Royce engine elbow in the mail, so I was of course looking at some screen caps trying to come up with a display idea and thought that the round greeblies above it on the wall in the Death Star would be cool to include in the display. I didn’t think too much about and just filed it all away in my mind.

Then on Thursday I received a Dedalino pen holder from eethan from his lot of NOS ones he has listed on his website, which is a pretty cool piece.
IMG_2919.jpeg

As I was checking it out, I flipped it over to see the bottom:
IMG_2920.jpeg

I noticed that the bottom cap could be removed, so I popped it out and suddenly this was staring me in the face:
IMG_2921.jpeg

So I figure a quick coat of silver paint will do the trick! Really funny how the timing on all this worked out and I pretty much just accidentally found some obscure part within an already obscure part!

Awesome! And good job, I have had 8 of those staring me in the face and I didn't see it... Pretty cool to see how they used those in multiple places and also the different parts of it!

Yes! It was already identified on here somewhere - or at least I already knew and I’m pretty sure someone sent me a picture of a red one or a blue one

Good eye! Not devaluing your find, just listing for the historical record

I'm currently doing some research on my own for some of these parts. I did find that calculator used in ESB, technically it's the Phytron I think on set, I have the next closest one.

Now, I did also make some rocker switches, so more of them are available
Tom's Rocker Switches

but I'm still looking at the light meter on the x wing control stick. We have yet to find a match, and I THINK it comes from the shoe mount light meter on the targeting computer. I have yet to find that though, anyone else?

I don't think this is the damsette mesh on the wall here as it doesn't have the weird deformed lines. Those are pretty close together on the radio so they couldn't have cut such a large piece without having the lines showing.

Edit: but you only meant the small circular mesh part in the center right? Sorry, that I agree with :)

I don't think this is the damsette mesh on the wall here as it doesn't have the weird deformed lines. Those are pretty close together on the radio so they couldn't have cut such a large piece without having the lines showing.

Edit: but you only meant the small circular mesh part in the center right? Sorry, that I agree with :)
Need to look closely to see it, but yes its there

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back