Star Wars Andor (Disney+ TV series)

I find it interesting how little discussion there appears to be about the show! I agree with the talk that it's slow but honestly there is some neat world building going on here. The acting, direction and general production is on a whole other level from Kenobi and BoBF.

As a fan of the old EU, I just have to think the Preox-Morlana Corporate Authority was at least inspired by the Corporate Sector Authority. I really liked that. Was hoping for a Marauder Corvette but we can't have everything!

Also, do we think Cassian's pistol could be some variation of the Bryar pistol from the Dark Forces games?

I also noticed the closed captioning referred to Luthen's droid that we hear as a Fondor Mod Droid or something like that. I wonder if Luthen is connected to the Fondor shipyards or some upper crust position within the Empire and is working from the inside. The lightsaber ship as seen in the trailer is pretty cringe but hopefully won't be a stupid as it seems.

The seemingly lazy 21st century earth costume designs that are popping up are the only things that are jarring for me, in this show, so far.

I mean, hoodies and laced sneakers in Star Wars…?

345E6D22-A226-4359-92FC-475B4E6D0BC5.jpeg

Last edited:
what’s the walking-stick Skarsgård's character is using? when it powered down it sounded like a saber

At least the hoodie has ribs and shoulder stripes.

I'm still once the fence on Λndır, actually. It hasn't really felt that much like Star Wars to me yet.

Last edited:
Quite entertained so far!

tiny, tiny, TINY nit: the voice actor for the little droid is doing the stuttering vocally instead of it being done in the sound editing as it should be (Max Headroom style), and it shows.

Tonally it's likely going to feel like any other sci-fi because Star Wars was originally created to buck against gritty realism and this show is embracing moral ambiguity. The entire premise is built on celebrating subversion. The originals were traditional, wholesome adventure films set in space. Star Wars fans got what they wanted. A "grown up" Star Wars that's more like Blade Runner. I don't have a dog in this, but even from an outsider's perspective I can see that tonally this is why fans will need time to adjust to this new paradigm.

I have come to terms with Disney Star Wars being not to my taste, this was a bonus, pretty good but still not great

I loved S1 of Mando, but didn't like the direction that S2 went (S1 was heading out into a new uncharted area, S2 turned around & headed back in)

Worst thing they made (on Disney+) was Obi-Wan, closely followed by Book of Boba, this feels like they are taking things seriously, but still are trying to make their own stamp on it

J

I can’t really understand why people are so upset over red brick houses and buildings. We had no problem with characters living in caves, and adobe domes, or even shiny metal and glass buildings on high-ranking planets, but red bricks! Oh my goodness! That is so not Star Wars!

And, is that character wearing a hoodie! Oh my goodness! It’s not like Luke Skywalker, and princess Leia didn’t wear ponchos on Endor.

Isn’t it just possible that out of thousands of inhabited planets, some of them would resemble what we see today?

Why not earth-like stucco buildings? Or earth-like hats, shoes and gloves. Earth-like stairs in a galaxy that has mastered anti-gravity??? Give me a break.
Well, imperial officers wear hats.

Darth Vader wears gloves.

And technically, all of the stars around Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn are all earth like too!

Why would the technology of the inhabitants in the solar system affect what the stars look like?

I can’t really understand why people are so upset over red brick houses and buildings. We had no problem with characters living in caves, and adobe domes, or even shiny metal and glass buildings on high-ranking planets, but red bricks! Oh my goodness! That is so not Star Wars!

And, is that character wearing a hoodie! Oh my goodness! It’s not like Luke Skywalker, and princess Leia didn’t wear ponchos on Endor.

Isn’t it just possible that out of thousands of inhabited planets, some of them would resemble what we see today?

I present to you all the latest in Star Wars cosplay:

AF42CAF5-0EF0-49F3-92E0-FB7FCE11B2F3.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back