Star Trek USS Centaur studio scale

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Little Angel

I'm going to see if I can find those high-saturation colors as well as the dark wash that appears to have been done to mute the colors some. If you need help with finding the kits used, let me know. I'll get you a list of them.
The black wash is "Cel Vinyl", originally used in painting animation cells. Wet the surface first and then lightly brush the surface and let the water attract the vinyl into the cracks.

Little Angel

<Snip>

Adam, if you ever see this... how did this all come about??? Did you just have a lot of model kits lying around, including duplicates? Did you have a budget to go buy a bunch of kits in order to cobble together ships for the show? I'm super curious how you came to use such a random assortment of model kits to build the Centaur, especially the strike eagle, Flak gun, and a single part off an M2 Bradley!

<snap>
Link: USS Centaur - NCC - 42043 has a quick precis of the story.

stevielewis

The black wash is "Cel Vinyl", originally used in painting animation cells. Wet the surface first and then lightly brush the surface and let the water attract the vinyl into the cracks.

Thank you so much for this reply. I will look for this product to complete my build. :)