Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

"Has Mr. Shatner seen any episodes?"

Interesting question as it infers a couple of things:

1. She suggests his criticism might be disingenuous which is quite disrespectful to do without knowing that to be the case. Maybe he hasn't. Until you know that, don't even suggest it.

2. She has an incredibly fragile ego to think that someone being critical of the show must mean they've never actually watched it.

If today's actors had more sense, they'd stop whining about negativity toward their work. You think fans and critics are wrong? Fine. Maybe they are. Rather than complain about it, just brush it off like a professional and move on. That's how the old guard handled it. If your work is that good, it'll be recognized eventually. Always responding to people online or calling out a man who's not just a legend but, also a big reason why this franchise is so popular and why you have a job, is petty. If she had taken a conciliatory approach and said something like, "I'm disappointed Mr. Shatner doesn't like our work but hopefully he'll give us another chance with season 2." she would've come off so much better and probably gained some fans.

Last edited:

At 91, he's got better things to do than watch mediocre TV.
He's also got better things to do that watch "Lt. Angry Space Chick with Lawnmower-Accident Haircut" run her mouth every episode she's in and make snark on twitter when people don't bow at her feet.

Even TJ Hooker and Barbary Coast were better than her acting.

1. She suggests his criticism might be disingenuous which is quite disrespectful to do without knowing that to be the case. Maybe he hasn't. Until you know that, don't even suggest it.
He's said the only Star Trek he's watched was the movie he directed. Otherwise he's not interested.

He's said the only Star Trek he's watched was the movie he directed. Otherwise he's not interested.
In that case I would ask if she knows he doesn't watch it, then why even ask the question unless she's trying to start something with him? Again, my advice to her or any other actor or anyone in any walk of life would be not to be so sensitive about critiques, even ones they might think are unfair. Just roll with it. You'll come off looking so much better and you'll be happier.

In that case I would ask if she knows he doesn't watch it, then why even ask the question unless she's trying to start something with him? Again, my advice to her or any other actor or anyone in any walk of life would be not to be so sensitive about critiques, even ones they might think are unfair. Just roll with it. You'll come off looking so much better and you'll be happier.

The answer to her question us the same as why I don't watch Picard102:

Why waste time on combative, irrational people and their nonsense?

I'm sure Shatner wouldn't even need to watch these shows to figure out that they're trash--trash which is an affront to the legacy of the show he helped make great. Plot summaries alone (magic mushroom engines, everyone going on and on about identity politics, bad rehashes of TOS episodes) clearly tell the story.

It ain't rocket science, to say nothing of warp physics.

Oh, good, he's pulled out the laughing emoji, again. Shiver me timbers.

Of course, the reality is that the NuTREK "fanbase" is primarily a band of immature sycophants and ideologues who regularly employ such juvenile behavior. The ones who live and die by their fee-fees, and who are totally incapable of having an articulate, adult discussion with those who disagree with them. Yawn.

That being said, those who love NuTREK could easily just continue singing its praises in this thread and ignoring those of us who beg to differ. Instead, because they have no actual arguments, and can't stand anyone who doesn't think like them, they've quietly disappeared.

...well, except for those who think emojis have any power, and continue to mock and troll and waste their energy.

But, for all intents and purposes, it appears that we've taken the thread, and are treating it as the funeral thread that it actually is.

Last edited:
E705E429-18FA-4FCB-9755-369633AF6500.jpeg

But, for all intents and purposrs, it appears that we've taken the thread, and are treating it as the funeral thread that it actually is.

Yes, your constant whining and insults have pushed away people who aren't ideologies stuck in the 60's.
Surely something to be proud of.

Yes, your constant whining and insults have pushed away people who aren't ideologies stuck in the 60's.
Surely something to be proud of.
Many of us in this thread have complaints, with detailed reasons, why we don't like these shows. Others do nothing but insult, name call, and shame us for having differing opinions, while offering nothing of substance to counter our reasons. Which ones are the whiners?

Last edited:
Many of us in this thread have complaints, with detailed reasons, why we don't kike these shows. Others do nothing but insult, name call, and shame us for having differing opinions, while offering nothing of substance to counter our reasons. Which ones are the whiners?
Not only that but if you corner them, they admit they have no good reasons why they like it, they just do. How idiotic is that? It's like talking to 5-year olds.

Oh, good, he's pulled out the laughing emoji, again. Shiver me timbers.
He's givin' it all that he's got, keptin!! :p

(which is just sad, really)

Of course, the reality is that the NuTREK "fanbase" is primarily a band of immature sycophants and ideologues who regularly employ such juvenile behavior. The ones who live and die by their fee-fees, and who are totally incapable of having an articulate, adult discussion with those who disagree with them. Yawn.

That being said, those who love NuTREK could easily just continue singing its praises in this thread and ignoring those of us who beg to differ. Instead, because they have no actual arguments, and can't stand anyone who doesn't think like them, they've quietly disappeared.
When all there is to a series is feels, there is no logical reason; their behavior would make a Vulcan's head explode.

...well, except for those who think emojis have any power, and continue to mock and troll and waste their energy.
Yeah; and since I started blocking their emojis in adblocker, they don't even have that anymore. :D

But, for all intents and purposes, it appears that we've taken the thread, and are treating it as the funeral thread that it actually is.
And putting the "fun" in that funeral! :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back