Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

^ I knew Jimmy and , and I can tell you there are a few ways he would have responded all hilarious! ^

As far as hate mail, all the fans loved him.

He was an amazing Man, one of a kind, like all his generation

And, of course, he was also on the Shatner Hater bandwagon. But, by all accounts it sounds like he was a great guy, and certainly beloved. And a D-Day hero!

Oh, relax. I just posted something that I thought was funny. I wasn't attacking anyone for their opinion, just trying to interject some humor in this thread.

But if you want to hurl insults, I stand by my previous posts in this thread as being, as you say, "substantive." I posted some below so no one needs to search though if they so desired:

You can see I have been critical of the show, and cited specific reasons and observations. If you don't deem that "substantive," then I guess I have one last thing:

View attachment 1600872

I know I'm risking further ire by posting that gif, but as the late, great Chubbs Peterson once said to Happy Gilmore, "just easing the tension, baby!"
Well ok, you get a pass, just don’t ever let it happen again! ;)

It's been said that if you don't have any enemies, you're doing something wrong!
With that being said, he lived a rightous life for a while as he was hated in the fan community for years.

The 2 times I ran into him he was a major a-hole but I just attributed that to him being a insecure Actor whos career had been stymied by Trek.

I am glad to know now that he seems to have mellowed and appreciates what Trek did for him and the doors it opened for him and appreciate the money, er fans!

With that being said, he lived a rightous life for a while as he was hated in the fan community for years.

The 2 times I ran into him he was a major a-hole but I just attributed that to him being a insecure Actor whos career had been stymied by Trek.

I am glad to know now that he seems to have mellowed and appreciates what Trek did for him and the doors it opened for him and appreciate the money, er fans!

Yes, it's been quite a thing to see him go from the "Get a Life!" SNL sketch to actively exploring the how and why of the franchise's appeal though his documentaries and interviews and whatnot.

The reality is that actors are a strange bunch, with plenty of egos and deep insecurities. That's showbiz, I guess.

History repeats itself:
CA85B57C-F8B1-420D-ADCC-342A1C28A8FC.jpeg

I have to say…here is the difference…

Within 2 - 3 seasons, TNG had earned the nearly universal love of the fans, despite some initial misgivings for some (I was not one of them).

Here we are…coming into season 3 of Picard and season 4 of STD is in the can and they have earned the revulsion of many of the fans.

BIG difference.

Strange New Worlds still has a chance, after 1 season.

Last edited:
I have to say…here is the difference.

Within 2 - 3 seasons, TNG had earned the nearly universal love of the fans, despite some initial misgivings for some (I was not one of them).

Here we are…coming into season 3 of Picard and season 4 of STD is in the can and they have earned the revulsion of many of the fans.

BIG difference.

I was never a big fan of TNG at all. I hated the first season (lots of people did) and only came back to it because a girlfriend's father was a massive fan and it was on TV constantly. I have seen the whole thing, but it's not really my thing, nor is anything that came after. We had a party for the premiere of Voyager so everyone could watch it on the big screen and within 20 minutes, absolutely nobody was paying any attention.

SNW is, at best, tolerable. Discovery and Picard aren't even that. They actively suck. SNW is like watching a car crash in slow motion, interesting only because you know where it's going to end up, you just want to see how it gets there.

I have to say…here is the difference…

BIG difference.

TNG found its voice and course-corrected to become a smash success within three years. The Kurtzman era of NuTREK has had five years, six different series (including the SHORT NuTREKS), and a whopping 125 episodes to do something—anything—of value.

Have they succeeded? In all that time, and with all that “content”, have they produced any episodes which will stand out as classics? Any characters who will be beloved for years to come? Honored the rich legacy of the franchise and maintained its vitality for future generations?

Let me check the ‘ol Magic 8-Ball.

Hmm.

“All signs point to ‘no’.”

I was never a big fan of TNG at all. I hated the first season (lots of people did) and only came back to it because a girlfriend's father was a massive fan and it was on TV constantly. I have seen the whole thing, but it's not really my thing, nor is anything that came after. We had a party for the premiere of Voyager so everyone could watch it on the big screen and within 20 minutes, absolutely nobody was paying any attention.

SNW is, at best, tolerable. Discovery and Picard aren't even that. They actively suck. SNW is like watching a car crash in slow motion, interesting only because you know where it's going to end up, you just want to see how it gets there.

For me, at the end of the day, STAR TREK (with no bloody colons or subtitles) is the real deal. I enjoy the spin-offs to varying degrees, but they aren’t the shows that built the franchise and made history.

But—and this is important—I bear no ill will toward the spin-offs (except ENTERPRISE, to a degree), because they mostly did their own thing, and did not go back to deliberately tear down or rewrite TOS. They worked to succeed or fail on their own merits, and that is admirable. Even ENTERPRISE has elements of value, despite the fact that I think it utterly fails as a TOS prequel, and smacks of Berman and his people skipping over the “campy” original and essentially making a TNG prequel, instead.

Everything since 2009 has been Abrams and his parasitic acolytes maliciously strip-mining the past to line their own pockets and tear down everything that made the franchise great. To remake STAR TREK in their own vapid, stupid image. And that is unforgivable.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back