Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

View attachment 1594655

My observations form the latest Gorn Episode:

• I loved watching Spock play the role of the 23rd century dishwasher of Captain Pike’s super-sized Colorado ski lodge that doubles for his quarters on the ship.
  • The Gorn acted like wild animals vs. advanced star travelers ; even killing each other until there remained one lone “alpha”. This being the case, I am wondering how a feral species such as this would have ever been able to master space travel. I guess, if given enough time, a pack of wild wolves would be able to harness their vast intelligences and civilization to create warp space flight?
  • Why is it that Bad Robot Spock (in the movies and the TV show) acts like a rage-filled lunatic and always acts out his feelings by “punching things” whether that be walls, computers, people? He seems like a man prone to eventually physically abuse those around him. I believe the term is “a ticking time-bomb”. Whatever happened to the “coolness” that once defined Mr. Spock (and don’t tell me all of this is explained by him smiling in a 50 year old, unsold pilot, in which his character wasn’t even established yet)?

A more appropriate fast-food reference for what this franchise has become.

ED890B2B-2E8B-40B1-96AE-A72079F87D1C.jpeg

The tough one for me is I like the characters, I like the actors, I like the set and prop designs of SNW…

It’s the writing that I wish was better.

The actors and the production crew deserve better.

View attachment 1594655

My observations form the latest Gorn Episode:

• I loved watching Spock play the role of the 23rd century dishwasher of Captain Pike’s super-sized Colorado ski lodge that doubles for his quarters on the ship.
  • The Gorn acted like wild animals vs. advanced star travelers ; even killing each other until there remained one lone “alpha”. This being the case, I am wondering how a feral species such as this would have ever been able to master space travel. I guess, if given enough time, a pack of wild wolves would be able to harness their vast intelligences and civilization to create warp space flight?
  • Why is it that Bad Robot Spock (in the movies and the TV show) acts like a rage-filled lunatic and always acts out his feelings by “punching things” whether that be walls, computers, people? He seems like a man prone to eventually physically abuse those around him. I believe the term is “a ticking time-bomb”. Whatever happened to the “coolness” that once defined Mr. Spock (and don’t tell me all of this is explained by him smiling in a 50 year old, unsold pilot, in which his character wasn’t even established yet)?

The fact that dishwashing is not eradicated by this version of the 23rd century makes me furious. What the hell kinda utopia is that?

I remember Roberto Orci once losing it—on Twitter, I think—when fans were criticizing one of his reboot movies. He basically said that there’s a reason he’s paid the big bucks to write those things, and we, the great unwashed, are not.
It was on Trekmovie.

Sitting at the bottom having done nothing isn't either.
I haven't seen you offer one counter argument for any of the points we've made. Of course you can't because the facts aren't on your side, so instead you resort to petty personal attacks like this one even knowing your target has you on ignore. Pathetic.

And did anyone catch that they used Aragorn's strider sword in Ep 8? A total LOTR easter egg.
I watched the clip as I was curious to see if they used the United Cutlery ones. Judging by the scabbards, it looks like they used the Pakistani knockoffs.

I watched the clip as I was curious to see if they used the United Cutlery ones. Judging by the scabbards, it looks like they used the Pakistani knockoffs.
I have the UC version. I’m not sure about the Pakistani knockoff. It was hard to see much detail due to the low light and very short shots.

I have the UC version. I’m not sure about the Pakistani knockoff. It was hard to see much detail due to the low light and very short shots.
Yeah, it was hard to tell. The handguards looked like they were missing the gold fittings at the ends which is indicative of the knockoff version and while I can't say for sure due to the lighting, the grip and scabbard colors looked blue which is another indicator.

Yeah, it was hard to tell. The handguards looked like they were missing the gold fittings at the ends which is indicative of the knockoff version and while I can't say for sure due to the lighting, the grip and scabbard colors looked blue which is another indicator.
A few screen caps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.56.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.56.41 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.58.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.58.55 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.59.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.59.17 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
If you look at my posts, I’ve both praised and criticized this show. For me it started off strong, but quickly fell into mediocrity.

The Gorn are just plain silly, nothing at all to do with canon. How can a species live when the kids kill each other off? They could have literally made them a new alien and NOT Called them the Gorn. For a species that they won’t meet for another 15-20 years, they sure have run into them quite a bit in season one.

Not to mention, the Vulcans have been retconned too. They all smirk and wink at each other while pretending to suppress their emotions.

It’s sort of like when in the 80’s they came out with New Coke, new recipe that was sweeter and tasted GREAT! Until sales dropped and people were literally selling ‘old Coke’ on the black market.

We’re sadly still in the ‘new Coke’ phase of Star Trek. Same can color, but the substance inside only reflects what it used to be.

The Gorn are just plain silly, nothing at all to do with canon. How can a species live when the kids kill each other off? They could have literally made them a new alien and NOT Called them the Gorn. For a species that they won’t meet for another 15-20 years, they sure have run into them quite a bit in season one.
To be fair, they ripped that bit off another property like all their episode plot lines this season, but for the life of me, I can't remember the franchise where they had the alien race that was so hormones up after birth it was essentially born feral and hyper-aggressive and wouldn't mellow down enough to be able of things like reasoning until they reached a certain age.

It was on Trekmovie.

I haven't seen you offer one counter argument for any of the points we've made. Of course you can't because the facts aren't on your side, so instead you resort to petty personal attacks like this one even knowing your target has you on ignore. Pathetic.
Didn't you know that in Season Two of Strange New Hair, we meet the dreaded new enemy called the Ad Hominem? :p

And in all fairness to the Gorn of SNW, Aliens did riff off of Star Trek first...

After all, that movie had the actress SiGORNey Weaver.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back