Star Trek: Picard

Since he got that glimpse of the future from Q, one of the first things he asked of Bev back in the present was to do a brain scan. With foreknowledge can come prevention -- or, at worst, earlier treatment. I figure he doesn't have full-on Irumodic Syndrome.

Generations specified his brother and nephew died in the fire. Nothing was said about his sister-in-law. Wouldn't object to seeing Samantha Eggar helping run Chateau Picard.

As for tone...? Dunno. Has Sir Patrick calmed down about wanting to be an action hero? That set much of the tone for the TNG movies, and why I treat them as Picard's Nexus fantasy. Getting the girl, revenge on the Borg, fistfights with aliens, dune buggy and shuttlecraft chases, Starfleet intrigue, fighting an unstable telepathic clone of himself created by the Romulans back when they were still in seclusion and he was the unremarked-upon Captain of an unremarkable ship... Nah, that last one is just too out there.

I do hope that if they revive the character, they are FINALLY going to give him the send off that “Q” implied in “All Good Things” of exploring other plains of existence. It would be very satisfying if he had a send-off like Sisko and evolved past humanity or became a “Q” with the balance of humanity.

Please don’t give us yet another broken down and miserable hero filled with nothing but regret.

Last edited:
Now that would be worth tuning in for... Picard struck down by the gods with Tourette’s Syndrome...launching into random swearing sessions (CBS would gladly welcome as many “F-Bombs” as he could lob in a single episode).

I do wonder if the context of “the unimaginable” that is described in the trailer will include the loss of the remainder of the TNG crew at some climactic battle?

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to this and have high hopes. I'm just making light of it. Thanks for the spelling correction. I knew I had it wrong, but wrote the message in a hurry and didn't bother to check the correctness.

TazMan2000

I really hope I'm wrong, but that slow beginning question, sure started off sounding like one of Burnham's damned long winded monologues. The pacing, music, overall tone...

But it's just a teaser, and I know I should reserve judgment. It just made me audibly sigh. Anyone else have that initial thought?

The visuals were great. It was super cool to see Picard again, and hear that music at the end.

I really hope I'm wrong, but that slow beginning question, sure started off sounding like one of Burnham's damned long winded monologues. The pacing, music, overall tone...

I agree...it almost sounded like someone deliberately trying to duplicate the cadence and hectoring tone of Burnham (shudder).

Here's the latest ad. I'm not sure this show is going in a good direction.

bUYKAN1.jpg

Until the series premieres or we get a more substantial trailer we can only speculate.

I understand and share some of the concerns about bringing the Picard character back and the current regime that carry (and have dropped) the torch for Star Trek with the two seasons of Discovery being probably the most divisive so far.
We can just cross our fingers and hope.

Should it all go south then we can just choose not to watch, cancel your CBSAA subscription if you are in the unfortunate position of having to pay to watch new Star Trek, vote with your feet and walkaway. I'm mostly referring to Discovery here.

Trek has the best and most forgiving fans in the world but I always have to laugh and shake my head.

As long as Bad Robot is in charge it will continue to release this crap

What is the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and expecting different results?

In the current Trek Production Universe it is expecting quality material from people who don’t give a .....

I know other's have mentioned this before, so I will agree with them; I'm thinking that Stewart at 78 may be a little too old for acting in a series. It is very demanding. Voice work is less so. As renaissance_man mentioned, this is only speculation, but I'm thinking this new series will be him recounting his younger days, whether they be in Star Fleet or before. This way they can use similar actors (not Tom Hardy :lol:) to portray him at different stages of his life.

TazMan2000

Successful people in entertainment and athletics will tell you that the hardest part is knowing when to “walk away” with a legacy of achievement at the highest point.

For Stewart, as Picard, was the high-point that should have ended the character “All Good Things...”? Was it “First Contact”? It certainly wasn’t “Insurrection” or “Nemesis”.

As it sits, the character exited at a low-point, the last time we saw him. The danger here is, this will certainly be the last appearance for Picard. Will the character’s story be redeemed, or will he leave us at an even lower point which taints the legacy of the character? It’s a hell of a gamble. I’m sure Mark Hamill can offer plenty of advice in that regard and I hope Harrison Ford is paying attention as he prepares to suit up for Indiana Jones again...

Last edited:
I agree on all of what you have said but at some point we have to realize that the almighty dollar clouds even the smartest Actors judgement.

They threw SO much money at Harrison that he basically said eff it and did it and this was for a script or rough draft that he turned down before.

Successful people in entertainment and athletics will tell you that the hardest part is knowing when to “walk away” with a legacy of achievement at the highest point.

For Stewart as Picard, was the high-point that should have ended the character “All Good Things...”? Was it “First Contact”? It certainly wasn’t “Insurrection” or “Nemesis”.

As it sits, the character exited at a low-point, the last one we saw him. The danger here is, this will certainly be the last appearance for Picard. Will the character’s story be redeemed, or will he leave us at an even lower point which taints the legacy of the character? It’s a hell of a gamble. I’m sure Mark Hamill can offer plenty of advice in that regard and I hope Harrison Ford is paying attention as he prepares to suit up for Indiana Jones again...

I agree on all of what you have said but at some point we have to realize that the almighty dollar clouds even the smartest Actors judgement.

They threw SO much money at Harrison that he basically said eff it and did it and this was for a script or rough draft that he turned down before.
IIRC 'Indiana Jones V' being made was one of Harrison Ford's conditions for him to return as Han Solo one last time...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back