Star Trek Nemesis Phaser Rifle Replica - Production Made Casting

Tripper

Sr Member
I finally completed a project I've been working on in my free time over the last year. Last August I got ahold of a production made casting of a stunt rifle from Star Trek Nemesis. It was clearly a reject casting with lots of bubbles. The scope and rear of the stock had too many imperfections to save the details so I cut those out and swapped them with hero castings. I also found the correct Surefire flashlight. The real stunt rifles didn't have a scope reticle, and the heroes were clear plastic back-lit red. Since I had already upgraded this casting with some hero parts I made a reticle with some clear plexiglass and a graphic printed on an inkjet transparency sheet.

Video:

Right Side Full.jpeg
Left Side Full.jpeg
Light On.jpeg
Scope Lit.jpeg
Power Meter.jpeg
RIght Side Stock.jpeg
Trigger Right Front.jpeg
Right Side Trigger 1.jpeg
Barrel Tip.jpeg
Strap Attachment.jpeg
Rear Stock.jpeg

Some in-progress shots:

BDBCE19D-189D-4672-A625-CAA90B8FE12E.jpeg
3A206611-C6E4-4CAB-B900-776086AE9272.jpeg
IMG_1414.jpeg
IMG_1441.jpeg
IMG_1574.jpeg
64264468060__93FCE260-EF9C-4E2F-AB1B-FFCF04688C29.jpeg

And some reference images:

343863_0.jpg
343852_0.jpg
343851_0.jpg

Last edited:
How much to buy one of those already pre-constructed?
Finding an authentic cast is hard enough, the market has been flooded with inaccurate 3D printed replicas.
You may get lucky finding a resin cast from an original prop on e-bay from time to time that would be your best place to start then you could see if you can commission some one to build it for you. Having said that, it is a fairly simple prop to finish just lots of masking and painting.
You could put a post in the "Want to Buy" section of the JY and hope someone has a spare cast.
Good luck in your search.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back