Star Trek Movies, As Ranked By Star Trek Con-Goers

I haven't seen 4 and 5 yet, so I can't speak for those, but I would have put Galaxy Quest higher on the list, possible also the 2009 movie. I don't know if I would say ID was the WORST, but it definitely belongs on that end of the list. I didn't care for the author's hating on TNG though. I've never been a big fan of TOS and I could barely make it through a couple episodes of Voyager and DS9. Apart from a moderate interest in the reboot (mostly because of the costumes), TNG is the only Trek I really love.

I think JJ's movies should be ranked MUCH higher, right behind Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country. Those are the only 4 worth watching. The rest are worse than the Star Wars prequels. Galaxy Quest was better than those other Trek movies, but I guess you could also say Spaceballs is better than the SW prequels.

^^Completely disagree with that first point!!! Although Galaxy Quest was indeed awesome.

Anyhow, since everyone says the list is wrong here's my take on it (best to worst):

1- ST II
2- ST VI
3- Galaxy Quest
4- ST IV
5- Generations
6- First Contact
7- ST III
8- TMP
9- Star Trek 2009
10- STID
11- ST V
12- Insurrection
13- Nemesis

9,10, and 11 are all really close, but the only ones on this list that I outright don't like are 12 & 13.

Here's my list:
1. ST II
2. ST VI
3. First Contact
4. ST III
5. TMP
6. Generations
7. ST V
8. TIE: Insurrection and Nemesis

Non Star Trek Trek movies:
1. Galaxy Quest
2. Master and Commander

Gold Key Comics Adaptations:
1. Star Trek 2009
2. STID

Should be buried in a very deep hole:
1. Star Trek IV

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back