Star Trek Medical Scanners from Voyager & DS9 First batch what do you think?

techno

Hey
Thanks for looking if your reading this, these were machined by a Aerospace Engineer and hopefully available soon
I didn't really have a lot to go but thank fully the engineer quickly sorted them and made me a batch of 9
I am a big fan of Stapleton props and own a lot of them. I bought a medical Tricorder and scanner from Myron
They are beauty's and even fit in his Medical Tricorder Kit
There is little assembly and a few features introduced but my friend who made these being a bit of a genius changed a few features,

For example you no longer need to glue a piece of plastic on top of the switch which when the button is pressed it activates. by increasing the length of the button it also helps all hold together in the right place.
It also instead of soldering a bit of metal to the end have used a spring which along with the longer button holds GMprops medical scanners in place in the tube.

Not major changes to jaw drop at but tried to do my bit. I have assembled a few and wanted to show you all our hard work.
I have both the Red rotation & the Yellow rotation which was only used in the last 2 seasons of Voyager

I will upload a picture of my scanner in a Stapleton kit and side by side with another Stapleton Tricorder with his own scanner for comparison
For now here is a picture of 3 of them. I can upload a video of them going shortly
I'm so pleased with these I hope everyone likes them...I will explain more in detail just had to let the world know

WP_20150619_16_58_55_Pro.jpg

Thanks
Techno

I went to the junkyard but did not find a for sale thread. Please le me know when they become available. I have some GMProps electronics still wasiting for a body.

Here is a few pictures for comparison and a few videos of them if anyone wants to have a look I appreciate your feedback
[video]https://youtu.be/F8X4dmWPetY[/video]
[video]https://youtu.be/7yZKaPVKAyA[/video]
WP_20150701_00_09_38_Pro.jpg
My Medical scanner next to a Stapleton one. (Mine is on the right)
WP_20150701_00_10_35_Pro.jpg
Both Tricorders are Stapleton beautys with scanners in. Mine is on the right again.
WP_20150701_00_11_37_Pro.jpg
Ok final show off pic

I don't think I can post in the Junkyard although im a premium member and have been a member for years I don't have the 50 posts required...any admin advise on this?
Thanks for looking

I don't think I can post in the Junkyard although im a premium member and have been a member for years I don't have the 50 posts required...any admin advise on this?

Not admin, but

http://www.therpf.com/faq.php?faq=community_info#faq_jy_guide

MEMBER TYPES

3 - Premium New Member - a member who has been registered for less than 90 days OR has less than 50* posts AND has an active PREMIUM MEMBER SUBSCRIPTION.
This member can only SELL ready to ship items in the JUNKYARD.

You're good :thumbsup

Edit

But

4 - Premium Full Access Member - a member who has been registered for at least 90 days AND has 50* or more posts AND has an active PREMIUM MEMBER SUBSCRIPTION.
This member can SELL in BOTH the JUNKYARD and PROJECT RUNS forums.

So you can't do a project run.

Last edited:
These look pretty good, although the top where the 3mm LED sits looks quite rounded on your version compared to the original props.
As you can see in the image of the original props posted by their owner over at Yourprops.com the top is flatter with less of a filleted edge.
https://www.yourprops.com/Medical-s...e-prop-Star-Trek-Voyager-TV-1995-YP71457.html

The central band is also a little deeper cut into the main body on the original.

Other than that you've done a great version of this prop. :thumbsup

Not admin, but

http://www.therpf.com/faq.php?faq=community_info#faq_jy_guide

MEMBER TYPES

3 - Premium New Member - a member who has been registered for less than 90 days OR has less than 50* posts AND has an active PREMIUM MEMBER SUBSCRIPTION.
This member can only SELL ready to ship items in the JUNKYARD.

You're good :thumbsup

Edit

But

4 - Premium Full Access Member - a member who has been registered for at least 90 days AND has 50* or more posts AND has an active PREMIUM MEMBER SUBSCRIPTION.
This member can SELL in BOTH the JUNKYARD and PROJECT RUNS forums.

So you can't do a project run.

Thank you so much for your help I will give it a go

These look pretty good, although the top where the 3mm LED sits looks quite rounded on your version compared to the original props.
As you can see in the image of the original props posted by their owner over at Yourprops.com the top is flatter with less of a filleted edge.
https://www.yourprops.com/Medical-s...e-prop-Star-Trek-Voyager-TV-1995-YP71457.html

The central band is also a little deeper cut into the main body on the original.

Thanks for your feedback I will look in to improving as I go batch per batch
The Top & the bands should be cut deeper I agree.
A lot of work went in to these and a lengthily process to make each piece which unfortunately they are expensive.

Been a bit down lately so positive feedback is ace to see especially from a hardcore trekkie like yourself.
Thanks again

Thanks for your feedback I will look in to improving as I go batch per batch
The Top & the bands should be cut deeper I agree.
A lot of work went in to these and a lengthily process to make each piece which unfortunately they are expensive.

Been a bit down lately so positive feedback is ace to see especially from a hardcore trekkie like yourself.
Thanks again

I'm more than happy to help you out with getting the dimensions and right for your next batch if you want to send me a PM to discuss it, please feel free.

Yes, the top 3mm LED should be flat. I used to have the same LED as the hero versions but I ran out. I tried sourcing them but they were no longer available. I found other 3mm flat-top LEDs, but they were either too long or they were not bright enough. If anyone knows where I can get flat-top green LEDs of the right spec, please let me know and I will use these in all of my scanner electronics.

Great job on the scanners Techno! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back