Star Trek Discovery Phaser by Anovos

Isn't the founder of Anovos a member here? He used to come on the RPF pimping his wares and tooting his horn about how great his company was.
Where is he now? Playing an ostrich I imagine. Hopefully a banning is on the way.

Art just recently told everyone in the Star Wars Anovos thread that he will not be banning them as they haven't done anything wrong through the RPF. As you can imagine there are a number of people not too happy with that.

* not being banned though is like saying you are OK with their behavior.. (I get that there hasnt been an infraction to the 'forum' rules..but still)

* whether they come back or not

I can never quite grasp the thought process behind this and other similar stances.

Last edited:
I don’t think they are purposely deceiving people or trying to rip anyone off, things just got away from them and they are Struggling to get a hand on things and no one enjoys watching them struggle.

No one should be banned if they have not broken any rules here, If they were selling on the RPF that would be different.

I still believe that I will recieve the things I ordered from Anovos almost 2 years ago, though I am not happy about the wait and I don’t believe they are doing everything they can if they are only shipping 2 days a week.

It just makes no sense at all why they are not doing everything they can to get in stock items out as soon as possible to customers that have been waiting for over 2 years.

That doesn’t seem to be a priority and I just don’t understand it.

Last edited:
Kind of a 'grey area' for me.. (personally, and I dont think I'd side with the decision set forth here)

So if your business practices are shady and suspect OUTSIDE of the RPF.. you can still use this place to drum up business? (as long as the 'scam' takes place off the forums?)

Just doesnt sound right when you say it out loud

Last edited:
I emailed Anovos support about 2 weeks ago asking what Waves of Discovery Phasers have shipped so far and got the same old canned response that tells you nothing but that they are working as fast as they can and the phasers will be shipping out over the next few months.

I got pissed and chewed ass on my reply, not really expecting a reply back, but I got one and it was the first real, no BS canned response I have ever gotten from Anovos.

He said my order has moved from pre-order status to warehouse processing status but he doesn't know if it will ship out in days or weeks. I replied back thanking him for being straight with me. BTW I'm in wave 5.

As I said before, I don't think they are purposely trying to rip people off, being way behind, swamped, overwhelmed and in over your head is a lot different from intending to fraud people.

I never felt for a second that they are purposely trying to rip anyone off.
It's their, "We'll ship it out when we're damned good and ready and there's nothing you can do about it!" attitude that sunk them.
Yeah, at this point they just need to pack it in. Nobody will ever trust them again.

I agree with funky and I also think that the point xl97 was getting to is that the rpf has in it's R.R. "you are held responsible for what you do on AND off the board" and to a lot of member's it sure seem's to be getting... hmmm hawwwd... about. :unsure: but yeah they have sunk them self's. (n)

Even if they fix things and come back I don't think too many people are going to trust them, but there will always be people who are willing to spend their money if they see something they like. I had already made the decision to only order Anovos products from 3rd party vendors even if it meant I might not be able to get something only available directly from Anovos and have no plans of changing that in the future.

I agree that I would like Anovos to turn this around. However, I no longer feel optimistic about that happening.

Since the lawsuit has been filed I've seen more and more stalwart customers on facebook either stay quiet on negative Facebook comments or make statements they are holding off of future orders. So Anovos' name is tarnished either way.

I agree that I would like Anovos to turn this around. However, I no longer feel optimistic about that happening.

Since the lawsuit has been filed I've seen more and more stalwart customers on facebook either stay quiet on negative Facebook comments or make statements they are holding off of future orders. So Anovos' name is tarnished either way.
Anovos is removing some negative comments as well.

The only question now is HOW are they going to fold? Will they refund everybody that won't get their things and take the hit? Will they declare bankruptcy? Or (dare I say it?) pull a Jim Latta and go the way of Icons?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back