Star Trek Discovery Phaser by Anovos

Sc0tty

Just had an e-mail from Anovos looking for reservations for this little beastie and, with a few minor niggles, the quality looks really good. This is the prototype so hopefully the production model may be even better ...

I just wished I liked Discovery. I have a hard time buying a $500 prop for a show I'm not a fan of, what does that say to CBS? I don't like your show but I'll buy your merchandise anyway.

I'm okay with Discovery as long as I don't think of it as a Star Trek series. There are a lot of good things in it but they've strayed too far from the prime series canon/timeline and those Klingons have been changed way too much. It would have been better just to have introduced a completely new baddie race.

I like the Phaser but like others think $500 is a little too steep for me. I also can't help but remember what happened with the last Phaser they offered.

Last edited:
I love the design of the props but $500.00 is way over the top for a not screen used prop. Mcfarlane has done a great job with their toy versions. For all their quality McFarlane still follows the old manufacturing techniques of toys for the last hundred years. Injection molding technology has advanced to the point where you could design a toy with no visible seams or screws. Unless their is some 75 yrs old toy regulations against it, why not try to make a production quality prop toy? It will not effect the cost of the molds but it may shake up the toy industry with it's innovation.

I really want a Discovery Phaser but I agree $500 is way to much, especially for a 3D printed product. When you consider what The Wand Company has done with their Phaser and Communicator for $150 it's hard to pay that kind of money. The wish the Wand Co would just crank out all types of Sci Fi weapons.

This is my favorite 23rd century phaser design, so it would have been an instant buy for something like $250. For $500 I need some serious convincing, and I want more than a couple LEDs on an otherwise static prop. Lights, sounds, etc. Well, we will see what they actually produce when the first wave comes out. Until then, I'll hold off clicking that preorder button.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back