Star Trek Discovery Phaser by Anovos

I'd watch it like a hawk. I was told that and after the 8-12 weeks passed, when contacted they said that there was no record of a refund being generated. Eventually I did get my refund, but it was difficult. Wish you the best of luck.

I just watched an unboxing vid of this. Awful. Uneven textures on the finish, no sounds, trigger doesn't actually do anything, battery pack has to be hexed into place, a few weak LED's. C'mon, 500.00 bucks. I'll take my MR props any time over this.

I just watched an unboxing vid of this. Awful. Uneven textures on the finish, no sounds, trigger doesn't actually do anything, battery pack has to be hexed into place, a few weak LED's. C'mon, 500.00 bucks. I'll take my MR props any time over this.

I am hoping Wand will do something. I have their Phaser and Communicator and they are fantastic, especially for the price. 150 bucks, metal details, multiple sound and light effects and they actually do something (not that I use them for those purposes)

I agree! They did such a great job on all their props!

I am hoping Wand will do something. I have their Phaser and Communicator and they are fantastic, especially for the price. 150 bucks, metal details, multiple sound and light effects and they actually do something (not that I use them for those purposes)

Forget about WAND COMPANY. They don't have the license. And they have already done a Phaser remote.

Let me see if I'm understanding things. Many members have near zero issue forking over hundreds for unlicensed kits not produced on the basis of the actual TV prop, most often without any lights or sounds. Never mind this is an unprecedented prop because the show is still in production with episodes being made. You guys are aware that the studio takes a fairly sizable chunk of the proceeds? That it took $$$ just to have the privilege of being able to make Discovery props and pay royalties? Are you the same group that bitched Roddenberry charged too much despite their props and kits coming from the same prop house that made Trek props for 18 years?

EDIT:
I'm not at all speaking of the issue people have with fit, finish or any other aspect of the prop itself. I'm just commenting on the numerous posts taking aim at the price Anovos is charging.

Last edited:
I have no problem with the price of the Phaser, I just think for that amount of money they could have made it work more like the MR Phaser. My biggest problem with Anovos is the lack of delivery of the product in a timely fashion and them asking for a 2 to 4 year loan.

The Wand Company may not have the license to do replicas but they can still get a license to produce a Phaser with a real world function. Just because they have already done a remote Phaser doesn't mean they won't do another one, don't forget they made 3 different Doctor Who remotes.

• Fully-finished interactive replica, with 3D print construction just like the actual hero production pieces were for production of STAR TREK™ DISCOVERY
If you are only expected to use the phaser for cosplay, for just display or advance your hobby and skill set (not looking for totally accuracy), for the price you could almost buy your own ENDER 3 open frame printer and have the experience of printing your own (as many as you'd like), assemble and paint.
Here is a link to an unboxing on youtube:

Last edited:
I saw a new video pop up on Youtube, doing an unboxing of the Anovos Discovery Phaser. The poster told me he was in wave 2 and just got it but no stand yet. Man are they moving slowly on these. I was told they had them in the house in March, then received an email saying they would be shipping these throughout the next quarter. If they only got one wave out in the last 3 months, wave 5 could be another 9 months. It would help if they shipped more than 2 days a week!

500 bucks, the trigger does nothing and no audio. Meanwhile Wand does a wicked TOS phaser with multiple audio and led functions that is also a tv remote for 150 bucks.

That was the kicker for me. Charging $500 for something that basically didn't do anything while both TWC and Master Replica's did TOS Phasers with full electronics for a heck of a lot less and most of the people that ordered it have not received it and those that have didn't even get the dang stand.

Not to mention it has been taking almost 2 years for many people to get their items. My jaw just about hit the floor when they released a statement saying they can only ship 2days a week because their shipping staff is only part time.

It looks like some people are actually receiving their STD Phaser. I just saw one listed on eBay for $750 saying it was in hand and not a pre-order. Considering how hard these are to come by and it wouldn't surprise me if the people in the later waves never receive theirs, this is not a bad price. I still think the only place I would get any Anovos product is from Entertainment Earth.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back