Star Trek Discovery Phaser by Anovos

This is something I have been concerned with since we filed the lawsuit.

The quality of their products that do get shipped are horrible and then shipped as cheaply as possible with several items crammed in the smallest box they can find.

They used to ship their product in nice presentation boxes which I kept for all of their past products, but now they just ship in plastic bags.

Quality Control has definitely been abandoned.

"That still doesn't justify what they are doing."
Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to support them, only explain how someone can easily get into trouble of they don't know what they are doing.

One of the basic mistakes in business is to cut back on services, employees and or quality control when they are looking to cut budgets. Instead of doubling down on training, customer service and creating a good product. A company that is in their death throws are ones that no longer have the capitol to do so. Then they are looking at the point of diminishing returns where no matter what they do, they will always be loosing capitol. Either they find a way to get investment and make changes and get good management or they should close as quickly as possible to stem their losses.

If you can’t handle the demand, then don’t promise the supply! What they need to do is decide how many they have to make, at what price point to make a profit. If they need to make 1000 of them at $500 a piece to make a nice profit, then make it a limited edition item.

That way you can focus on getting the product made, making sure it’s done accurately, and shipped out timely. Instead of all of these multiple orders they seem to have, that they can’t catch up on, and are basically taking a crap in a box and shipping it to you.

STAR TREK™: DISCOVERY - Starfleet Hand Phaser Interactive Prop Replica (Q3-Q4 2019)

These have started shipping and a vast majority of these should be fulfill early in Q3 2019.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q3 is over, they haven't shipped my wave yet so they are far from the vast majority, as of 3 months ago.

Keep in mind they started receiving these into stock in March.

My order has been pending for nearly 2 years now.

They keep sending me email adds to buy more stuff, I don't know why they think I would give them any more money when I'm waiting for 2 years for an order they never fulfilled.

Grasping at straws I guess.

A company that sells props and replicas of costumes from hit sci-fi franchises including Star Wars , Star Trekand Battlestar Galactica is being sued for fraud — along with the studios who gave the company permission to create the products — for allegedly not fulfilling presale orders.
A Louisiana man named Roger Dalton says he paid Anovos more than $40,000 for merchandise but never received it, according to a complaint filed Monday in California federal court. The items he ordered include aStar Trek Spock replica blue tunic, a Star Wars: The Force Awakens Kylo Ren costume with helmet and a $9,000 buildable replica of a starship. More than three years after his first purchase, having never received his products, Dalton read an explanation on the company’s website. It said when products experienced production delays, some customers would cancel orders and fewer pre-orders led to an increase in the price of the raw materials and per-unit cost as well as cancellation of items that failed to meet the factory’s minimums.
“Despite Anovos’ inability to fulfill the hundreds, if not thousands of pre-paid orders customers have already submitted, Anovos continues to market and sell pre-order items on its website and on social media in the same manner: requiring full upfront costs of the items in addition to shipping,” writes attorney Joshua Swigart in the complaint, adding that the company in April instituted an “all sales are final” policy.
Disney, NBCUniversal and CBS are also defendants in Dalton’s class action complaint, which estimates total damages will exceed $5 million. Dalton says the studios permitted Anovos to defraud consumers by renewing their licensing agreements with the companies.
The proposed class is currently defined as: “All consumers who paid for a pre-order product(s) from Anovos and licensed by Disney, NBCU, and/or CBS, and who have not received the product nor a refund from January 1, 2016, through the present.”

They sure do send them out though to get money:rolleyes:

To that end...

I received two very strange emails from “Brent B.” at Anovos that were probably fired off in error as it refers to an unspecified item they sell—an unspecified item that is referred to as currently being out-of-stock—but they want to offer me a “coveted reservation spot” on this unspecified item with an unspecified fulfillment date. This appears to be a form email that can be used to drop the names of various out-of-stock items into to generate business, I suppose?

The email reads as follows:

Hello there --

I noticed you didn't reply to my last email, so I'm forwarding it to you again. Let me know if you're still interested in this offer.

Kind Regards,
Brent B.
Hey — Brent from ANOVOS here.

It looks like you expressed interest in the from our catalog and signed up for our mailing list. Although this item is unavailable on our website, I wanted to offer you another opportunity to own one of these. This replica is priced at $ USD, and you have been chosen to fill one of our coveted reservation slots! This reservation is anticipated for a fulfillment date, and only a few are remaining unclaimed.

-- Psst! Need a update on your current orders? Check out our 2019 Q2 Brand Update Blog for for more information regarding anticipated fulfillment schedules. --

If you would like to take advantage of this special opportunity to add one to your collection, simply let me know in reply to this message and I'll be happy to assist you with your order!

Make sure you confirm that your ANOVOS account is up to date on our website with your full name and current delivery address.

Don't have an account? You can create one here!

You can also take advantage of our payment plans where we're offering 30% down and your choice of either three or six monthly payments. When you reply, let me know if you would like a monthly plan or if you prefer a single lump payment.

Due to its immense popularity, I can only make this offer available to each interested customer for a limited time, so please do act quickly! Simply reply to this email and I will get you started.”

Yep....the email was fired off in error.

I found the following subsequent email in my inbox:

You may have been sent an email with the same subject line earlier today. This letter was sent by mistake, due to a technical error. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Regards,

ANOVOS

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back