Star Trek (2009 J.J. Abrams movie) Phaser Defined Thread!

Deleted off topic bit...

ON-TOPIC I like the idea of the combo of TOS and Enterprise look, as I like bother series. I am not that worried about the film as JJ has done nothing I disliked so far, so until he proves me wrong I am good. Plus I am always happy to see some new Trek, it has been far too long.:)

QFT:)

Truth is - there are no phasers in the new film. Kirk calls them "hurt light shootin guns". They really explore is Iowa background in this thing.

I think the deal is this thread is way premature - so people are just venting. The movie is over six months away, and no one is talking. We can speculate all we want on the new designs. Frankly, I'd give them all "Cage" style looking props with just a little modern updating. But that's just the fan in me talking.

How can you say this thread has absolutely nothing?

Sure, we haven't seen a picture yet, but we know SOME things, a lot thanks to Carson, some thanks to EW and other sources.

How can you say this thread has absolutely nothing?

Sure, we haven't seen a picture yet, but we know SOME things, a lot thanks to Carson, some thanks to EW and other sources.

Hey Nicky - where did you get that cameraman pic in your signature?

Hey Nicky - where did you get that cameraman pic in your signature?

I'll reply via PM so's not to clog up the thread further.

Back to phasers!

So, here's a question nobody probably has the answer to: how will the beam of the phaser look? Steady stream? Lazer bolt? Blue? Red?

Well if they happen to resemble Galaxy Quest's props I wouldn't be too disappointed. I loved Galaxy Quest, and I was fortunate enough to get a few of the original screen used "hero" props; such as the Fan-Version Nebulizer and the "hero" Thermian Nebulizer, plus more.

Playmates has the toy license and I hope they do a good job. Who has the high-end collectible license on the phasers?

Tom

They might as well look like Galaxy Quest props. GQ is the best Star Trek movie that's been made so far.

:lol I love Galaxy Quest! (That new comic book sequel is another story...yeesh.)

Like I said, the nebulizer isn't a far cry from the phaser, so we could be worse off.

I wonder if the designs they used leaned more toward Star Trek phase II. The bridge was supposed to be brighter like the one they are using

bridge1.jpg

081016st11enterprisebrcja9.jpg

Last edited:
Second best... right behind Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World.

:cool

Agreed. :)

I have a buddy that loves Master & Commander and I pointed out to him how it's a great Star Trek picture. Needless to say, that kinda blew his mind. :lol

Interesting "Phase II" pic.

...I have a buddy that loves Master & Commander and I pointed out to him how it's a great Star Trek picture. Needless to say, that kinda blew his mind.

i have never made it through that movie without falling asleep (and I have tried twice) but on those comments I will have to give it another go:thumbsup
I like the look of the "new" bridge:)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back