Star Lord helmet AND accessories!!! by Helagak!

22.5 is the circumference around the head. that is the standard way people measure heads for this type of thing.
I have almost no experience with photoshop. I use netfabb to do my scaling and orientation of pieces. It is free software and pretty dang usefull.
I didnt even know that photoshop could be used to deal with 3d files. :confused

22.5 is the circumference around the head. that is the standard way people measure heads for this type of thing.
I have almost no experience with photoshop. I use netfabb to do my scaling and orientation of pieces. It is free software and pretty dang usefull.
I didnt even know that photoshop could be used to deal with 3d files. :confused

Thanks. Yeah, Photoshop can alter 3D files but the layout isn't the greatest. I'll take a screen shot later. Ended up using netfabb and altered the sizes easily. Thanks for the help.

For anyone needing some close up reference shots of Starlord the new entertainment weekly has many up close pictures.

here is a link to all the pictures
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/07...xy-entertainment-weekly-goes-galactic-1699550

Nice! Though that article doesn't actually connect to the EW article so far as I can tell. The original is here: http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20483133_20833049,00.html

And for a direct link to the one shot containing a full view of the helmet: http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2014/07/08/Chris-Pratt-02.jpg

Last edited:
Any pics of the messenger bag he seems to carry in some of the scenes (like when he's stealing the orb)? Trying to find something similar.

starlord-back.jpg

looks like a mix of leather and canvas, and a custom strap. I didn't think i would need this prop considering all the other stuff i have, but I'm thinking now i might just so i can have something to carry all the stuff i pick up at d*con.

I just noticed the clips behind his ears for his helmet when it's not on. Since I won't have a helmet (the guy I was getting a helmet from got a C&D from Marvel right before he began casting his amazing sculpt), I'll need to look into making those too.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 350611

looks like a mix of leather and canvas, and a custom strap. I didn't think i would need this prop considering all the other stuff i have, but I'm thinking now i might just so i can have something to carry all the stuff i pick up at d*con.

I ended up getting this. Will just work on customizing the strap and maybe adding a flap to the left side of it to clip across and cover up all the zippers. Definitely great for cons to hide my flasks in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331236247621

That's a pretty good bag! I was going to try to make something similar to keep the orb in so I can have my hands free sometimes, but maybe I'll snag one like that instead!

I'm with you Yrien. The bag looks good. I'll just tie it to the back of my jeep and do some donuts to rough it up a bit. lol

Something a friend of mine who has cosplay experience mentioned to me: Women's rouge. Like powder from the makeup aisle at the drug store. You can dust it on your clothes to make it look worn, it's available in many shades (like skin tones, which are similar to dirt), and it actually will wash out of clothes ok.

Haven't tried it yet, but i'll be using it on my pants and shirt once theyre done. I assume its not too expensive if you get the store brand stuff.

Gonna dirty my stuff up too. Also bought a few things of Zombie Dirt for my face and any last minute dirt I need on site.

It will be tough to do that to the jacket though. lol I'm used to grabbing the new leather jacket and spraying it to protect it, and trying not to scuff it. This one will be pretty beat up by the time I'm ready to wear it.

It will be tough to do that to the jacket though. lol I'm used to grabbing the new leather jacket and spraying it to protect it, and trying not to scuff it. This one will be pretty beat up by the time I'm ready to wear it.

Oh, no, I meant for the shirt and face. I had to weather my leather Dante (from the new DmC) coat last year, so I learned what works and doesn't. :)

Oh, no, I meant for the shirt and face. I had to weather my leather Dante (from the new DmC) coat last year, so I learned what works and doesn't. :)

Haha. I was meaning how I'd tie the jacket to the jeep for some weathering. You had it quoted in the last quote I quoted.

In the past for Ash (Army of Darkness), I actually buried the clothes outside for an entire summer to get the worn in dirt look I was going for. It stained pretty badly and then I gave it a light wash to get rid of the smell. It made for some good depth to the dirty look. Unfortunately a couple cons and a year later, the washing got rid of the dirt. The shirt was new when I got it.

I'm not going to be able to dirty my kit up too much because I'm using a really nice leather jacket from my closet that I still wear, lol. So I'll just leave everything looking pretty nice, so the jacket doesn't look out of place!

kevin, that looks great!! glad the scale came out so good! I just kind of winged it! haha i was really hoping an adult hand would fit the grip!

Anyone looking to scale the helmet files
Scale all pieces by 0.8823529412. This should make for a perfect fit on a person with a 22.5" head. That allows for 1/2" of padding on either side. That size should fit most people.

Hey Helagak...

What scale do you recommend for a person with a 25" head... yes I have a big head and pudgy face.... but would like to try this!

Thanks!!!!

I'm just curious - what's with the weird ripple texture on the mouth model's .stl? I wager it'd probably print fine enough on my machine to sand out, but it does seem a little strange.

starlord_mouth.jpg

I can't thank you enough for sharing the 3d models for this, though. I've got the chin printing as we speak.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back