Star Lord helmet AND accessories!!! by Helagak!

This time the filament unraveled from the spool and got caught on the spool holder and snapped. Another wasted print :facepalm

This time the filament unraveled from the spool and got caught on the spool holder and snapped. Another wasted print :facepalm

Don't let it get you down, brother! These things happen often. I like to think there's no such thing as a wasted print, and that there's always something to learn when things didn't go right.

Wish I was printing this as well, but I've got most of my stuff packed up for moving day, maybe soon. Can't wait to see your finished prints Kevin!

I had to get all MacGyver on this... Lemonade!

20140531_112239_zpsmzzowrch.jpg

Hopefully my "custom made filament shield" gets the job done! :lol

Hey Helagak, I wanted to say thank you for posting the 3D files and all the hard work you put into this project, what you have created is pretty incredible. But I'm curious about head size. I want to get a snug fit. Would you suggest resizing before printing? Or do you think foam padding and/or small adjustments for a "normal" size head should get the job done?

A rough estimate of the inside, side to side measurement is about 7". This seems about right for MY head. But I know heads come in all shapes and sizes. That's why the zip includes a "full helmet low poly for sizing" file. This is so you can get the scale you need from that file and then apply that scale to the rest of the parts.

image.jpgimage.jpgI'm making mine out of card stock. I'll shape it when I do the fiberglass and bondo. I love how it is coming out. Thanks for doing this. I'd be interested in the gun if you post the files!

View attachment 333557View attachment 333558I'm making mine out of card stock. I'll shape it when I do the fiberglass and bondo. I love how it is coming out. Thanks for doing this. I'd be interested in the gun if you post the files!
Are you building yours with flaps on? If you are, I would recommend gluing on the inside. I suppose it won't matter if you bondo and whatnot, but it helps if you just leave it as card. Also, I'll post what's been keeping me away so long tomorrow. It involves iron man and graphics design. Bye for now :p

Wow, thank you for posting those files (especially with the parts already separated)! Your model looks wonderful. I will definitely be giving the build a go myself as well :)

Those 3D prints look great. How do you plan to put them together? Are you going to bondo-sand them first? So many questions! Can't wait to see updates on it.

I'll glue the main parts together and smooth everything out with filler. I should be finished printing in the next couple of days!

Are you building yours with flaps on? If you are, I would recommend gluing on the inside. I suppose it won't matter if you bondo and whatnot, but it helps if you just leave it as card. Also, I'll post what's been keeping me away so long tomorrow. It involves iron man and graphics design. Bye for now :p
I wish I could glue on the inside, but it is hard enough to get the numbers to match up looking right at them let alone from the inside. haha
What do you mean with flaps on?

hi helagak, that model looks really awesome, thanks for share!! :D
im actually working on this laser gun !!!
but you can find now in thingiverse!
hope you like !!

10409164_782492825108444_1889490420996931075_n.jpg

Captura de pantalla 2014-06-04 a la(s) 14.06.30.png
I dont know why the archive is so heavy!!!
and its giving me problems to solidify
i cant wait for my new filaments to print the star lord Helmet :')
thanks again Helagak

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back