Star Lord helmet AND accessories!!! by Helagak!

put my name on the top of your interest list lol

i dig they way you broke it up andif the back asall one pice its be an easy assembly in kit form, not sure how well itd work out printing wise

Yes, the idea is to print the parts separate and assemble them like a kit. Luckily, this helmet has alot of "break Points" in the geometry so the seams shouldn't show much when assembled.
This means that each piece can be oriented the best for printing that particular part. Also, the helmet is just too big for my printer! (8"x8"x8". Solidoodle 3 before someone else asks) =P

It was a pleasure working with your model :)
I also added some more detail lines on the side, the tubes, and the details on the back side of the helmet with some reference shots that haven't been out there before :)

After dirtsen did a great job solidifying the star lord mark, I've got it back in my hands. I've changed the way he had the inside contoured and broken the mask up for printing.
What do you think? =Dhttp://www.imgur.com/lQTJOvq.jpeg
This is onot the front half with modifiers on. The back half will get it soon.

And here is the first 4 parts broken up and ready for printing!
II'm actually printing the "chin" right now.
http://www.imgur.com/9fq97ib.jpeg

Why is it all the awesome props are best done on a printer, which I want SOOO badly. I could do it in pep of course but It would never look as good.

Any chance you wouldn't mind sharing the 3d printer files? My buddy at work is building a 3d printer that can handle objects about 8"x8"x8". It looks like he's interested in printing out the mask if I do the painting and finishing.

I'm definitely new to these forums, but I'd love to give it a shot.

EDIT: Also, I apologize if that's rude to ask. You've seemed to put out high-quality files already for this build so I figured it might be worth a shot. Thanks for all you've already shared for the build. The gun looks great too.

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess I'm probably going to release the print files for personal use. They aren't quite ready yet tho. I'm still working on the best way to cut and Orient the pieces so they will print well.

Anyways, here are a couple shots of it almost completed. With modifiers on and showing off the awesome details Dirtsen added! :)
jjRvOE8.png

4vWsrzI.png

That looks so dang good, excellent work man. For what it's worth it would absolutely be for personal use. I'm good with a paint brush, but I haven't attempted to paint 3d printed objects before. I'm pretty excited for the chance to try it out.

I'm a little curious about the mouthpiece, like how it would be breathing with the helmet on, looks like there's a good opportunity for mouth slits. Like maybe underneath the flaps of the mouth cover.

I imagine it will be like wearing an iron man mask... Stuffy and uncomfortable... :lol maybe I'll look into opening the little holes in the mouth grill. ;-)

I imagine it will be like wearing an iron man mask... Stuffy and uncomfortable... :lol maybe I'll look into opening the little holes in the mouth grill. ;-)

you could probably knock out those little notches during assembly with a dremel to get some air flow. i think the weirdest thing about the helmet is how to get it on and off and sit on your head without the head bring on your forehead

Sorry good sir, but I must disagree. I think this will be a little more comfortable than an Iron Man Helmet. Not to mention having the top open so your head can "breathe".

I have made up my my mind and I'm going to release the 3d print file for free for personal use. I'm still putting the finishing touches on them. They will be up this week. I'm glad you guys like them. Thanks a million to dirtsen for adding the extra datails and making this a thing. Thanks to all you great rpf guys for being so awesome. Keep holding your breath for a little bit longer, the files are on there way! =D

If I recall the gun is way beyond pep. I was wondering if the gun 3d models would be released as well though. But even if not that's understandable. What I was thinking would be really cool was the ankle rockets that are seen in the latest trailer. It definitely adds another interesting item to the legs.

I can probably come up with a lower resolution version of the guns for paper pep. No matter what I do, they will be challenging pets tho. And I really don't want to do the unfolding work on them. I will get the files ready if someone is willing to unfold them and has some experience, get a hold of me.
The gun 3d files are still being worked on to finish up scaling and such. They got pushed back a bit by spending a ton of time on the mask.
As for the boot rockets, I've been thinking about them. Since I've made every other piece of his costume, I might as well knock them out. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back