Split Second Props

I'm a novice with that stuff, but I think I can pull off something that simple. I'm going to try anyway. I'll ask Matsuo for some advice, he's pretty damn amazing at it.

Sorry I've been slacking on the research. The weather down here has turned and it has had me in bed somewhat comatose for the last few days. I'm hoping that the weatherman is right and this front will start moving out late tonight so hopefully I can get back to researching the base pistol for the baby. I've been hearing rumors for years that there might be a Split Second sequel, sine we know what happened at the end of the original. If anyone know someone who knows someone who know Rutger Hauer I'd love it if they could get in touch with him and ask if he'd even be interested in making a sequel.

OK gents, here is some food for thought. A fun little comparison to discuss.

An RG31:

RG31A.jpg

Lots matches, from the details on the grip, to the hammer, to the trigger and guard, and even the details behind and in front of the cylinder. But, no cylinder release. However, there is a screw hole there.

Now, an RG31 with the release from an RG40, where the screw hole is:

RG31B.jpg

I'm not 100% convinced this is right, because there could be some obscure gun out there that is like an RG 39 or something. It would not be difficult to add that release. I've seen smith and wesson releases installed on RG, and Rossi revolvers.

Hmmmm, methinks you may have something. I think we need some HQ caps from the coffee scene where Dirkins pistol is laying on top of the coffee machine before Harley grabs it. Any body got a HQ version? All I have is the youtube low res version.

Does anyone have any ideas on the under barrel boxes? I have everything planned out and Im about ready to start building but I cant figure out how to get those grooves in the under barrel box. Thoughts?

Does anyone have any ideas on the under barrel boxes? I have everything planned out and Im about ready to start building but I cant figure out how to get those grooves in the under barrel box. Thoughts?

Not sure of the size but figure a 1/2" diameter, 2-Flute Ball endmill.
If you google it, you'll get an image.
Meant to be used in a vertical mill, like the Bridgeport.

Mike

tain669: Negatron

pennausamike: That piece looks like it would do the trick! Unfortunately I dont have access to a mill. This is the only part really holding me up. the box is such a big part of the gun that even if the entire cannon and baby cannon look great there will be this hideous box eye sore lol

Uh Oh, look what Noeland just picked up:

brasseagle.jpg

:) I bought it for the grip more than the site, but the site is a nice bonus.

The grooves in the crosman, and the grooves in the baby cannon look different to me, other than in the obvious ways. :)

The crosman has shallow, soft radius flutes while the baby cannon seems to be deeper and flat on the bottom.

You don't need a mill, just a router, to make those cuts. I believe Dremel has a router setup for thier tools, or some kind of setup for their tools that will allow you to make these kinds of cuts so they look right.

And while we're discussing the baby cannon, the oversized barrel tube, and box under it, how do you plan to attach those to the gun itself?

There are no obvious pins or screws. I suppose it could be attached to whatever the site is attached to, and the whole thing is mounted on the top strap of the revolver.

Just thinking out loud there. :lol

I'm going to check out the dremel attachments tomorrow. I really wanted to use metal but I just don't have the capabilities here.

For the baby cannon I was planning on using 3/4" metal tubing. The tube (barrel) will probably just be glued to the box. The plan as of right now is to partially fill the the tube with foam so it surrounds the actual gun barrel. This is the plan right now, I'm waiting on the gun to arrive.

Anyone have good pics of the shotgun? I promise I wont get ahead of myself lol

So, I was chatting with a fellow on another message board about that dremel table and he says it's junk. I have not used it. I just thought I'd let you know. I don't use dremel products because I like black and decker more, so I use a black and decker rotary tool. It takes all the dremel tips though.

Anyway, I'm not sure what I'm going to do for my baby cannon build yet in terms of materials. I'm leaning toward a steel tube for the barrel, and an aluminum box with some MDF inside it so it's not just hollow. I was thinking of attaching them as I mentioned before, via the top strap of the gun. I would tend to screw/pin/or bolt everything together though so it can stand up to being fired. Blanks though, I'm not sure I'd ever trust an RG revolver with live rounds.

I couldn't build something like this and not fire it. :) BUT, I don't have an RG revolver yet, so, it's academic.

The crosman build will be easier. I'm just planning to use MDF for the box, maybe with aluminum panels. Though I am tempted to rig this sucker up with pyro like they did for the film. Very tempted.

And while we're discussing the baby cannon, the oversized barrel tube, and box under it, how do you plan to attach those to the gun itself?

There are no obvious pins or screws.

Lppk at the posted photos closely and you'll see there are 2 screws under the box. I suspect they go through the box, through the oversize barrel and into the existing barrel.

So, I was chatting with a fellow on another message board about that dremel table and he says it's junk. I have not used it. I just thought I'd let you know. I don't use dremel products because I like black and decker more, so I use a black and decker rotary tool. It takes all the dremel tips though.

Anyway, I'm not sure what I'm going to do for my baby cannon build yet in terms of materials. I'm leaning toward a steel tube for the barrel, and an aluminum box with some MDF inside it so it's not just hollow. I was thinking of attaching them as I mentioned before, via the top strap of the gun. I would tend to screw/pin/or bolt everything together though so it can stand up to being fired. Blanks though, I'm not sure I'd ever trust an RG revolver with live rounds.

I couldn't build something like this and not fire it. :) BUT, I don't have an RG revolver yet, so, it's academic.

The crosman build will be easier. I'm just planning to use MDF for the box, maybe with aluminum panels. Though I am tempted to rig this sucker up with pyro like they did for the film. Very tempted.

I was unable to get pics, but a friends friend has an Rohm/RG blank /teargas pistol that DOES have the cylinder release ala baby. It shoots .32 cal blanks and teargas cartridges and he said his dad bought it back in the earlier 70's through an ad in Guns and Ammo for $12.99 I didn't have my cellphone on me so I couldn't get a pic, but I covered up the barrel in my hand while holding it like RH did and it looked perfect to me. They were down for the weekend for a bike run and he just keeps it in case he thinks there might be trouble. He still has 3 tear gas rounds for it, but no blanks. So anyone have any old G&A advertisements?

I have a demilled RG on the way so I wont be firing it lol. I'd still like to screw or bolt everything together just to keep it strong. Thanks for the tip on the dremel, I'll be browsing the Lowes today for ideas. I assume I'll be using MDF for both boxes unfortunately, I'm just a novice when it comes to metal working.

greylocke, that is really interesting! I never even knew they made tear gas revolvers!

GREYLOCKE! You found it. Very cool man. Thanks to a thread about a stunt vektor, I found THIS:

RÖHM Sportwaffen - Focus on Quality - A member of the PW Group

721.02.00_1.png

This is currently in production, I have no idea how to get one in the states though. But it's damn close, ain't it?

What you CAN get in the states though, is this:

R1 2.5" Revolver Set - Gun (Black), Ammo, Holster

I'm betting a swapping out of the grips with something close would help, but that's pretty much the same model as they have on the RG site as the model 69, and the models look really close, just need to change the grips.

Also, just thinking out loud, I wonder if any other parts from the Brass Eagle Cobra pump may have found their way onto that baby cannon.

Last edited:
GREYLOCKE! You found it. Very cool man. Thanks to a thread about a stunt vektor, I found THIS:

RÖHM Sportwaffen - Focus on Quality - A member of the PW Group

721.02.00_1.png

This is currently in production, I have no idea how to get one in the states though. But it's damn close, ain't it?

What you CAN get in the states though, is this:

R1 2.5" Revolver Set - Gun (Black), Ammo, Holster

I'm betting a swapping out of the grips with something close would help, but that's pretty much the same model as they have on the RG site as the model 69, and the models look really close, just need to change the grips.

Also, just thinking out loud, I wonder if any other parts from the Brass Eagle Cobra pump may have found their way onto that baby cannon.

For importing firearms into the US there is this link US Firearm Importation Rules And I found this additional little information. Importing a firearm from Europe to the United States

Unless you are willing to travel over there I think your best bet would be to contact someone like C.A.I. or another firearms importing company.

ETA: the blank pistol looks like it's it, like you said just need to grips changed.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back