Soulinertia's Custom Builds - Nerf Mods, Prop Weapons, etc. (Mad WIP pics inside!)

Soulinertia

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thought I'd start off a new thread with some of my custom builds. This will be mostly sci-fi weapons built off of modded Nerf guns and/or airsoft parts.

My first one here is a modded Raptorstrike. The stock gun looks like this:

OOZvwyM.jpg

It's just begging for a barrel.

So the first thing I did was add one, made from a piece of aluminum pipe I had around the house. I also gathered some other left over airsoft parts I had on hand.

6EPmHT2.jpg

This M203 grenade launcher adapter fit perfect!

R51KNqc.jpg

1v3AQ0K.jpg

I decided I would keep the barrel raw. I just love how you can see it peaking through the sides.

F8ZIzaU.jpg

I also added some parts to this barrel shroud to make it look more like some kind of sci-fi suppressor.

BBX64mg.jpg

dmDfUfy.jpg

I modded this replica Elcan scope that I picked up cheap with an aluminum handguard I replaced from a previous M4 build.

gSgzjJT.jpg

Some other parts I knew I wanted to integrate into this build were from this cord organizer set.

qMqAJq1.jpg

The basic parts put together:

9iYanlo.jpg

Next thing I wanted to do was paint the mags and .308 just happened to fit perfectly in them.

TKuntZA.jpg

YU4l7fA.jpg

mtmtFC8.jpg

Prepping for paint:

96o5vaO.jpg

After some dk gray automotive primer . . .

PhrfEOa.jpg

I also had these stand-off spacers that I thought would look really cool as part of the bi-pod hydraulics. I love adding a variety of materials wherever possible on my builds.

QtqMTEF.jpg

SNFaAe9.jpg

iyzmZSu.jpg

cjiaJlL.jpg

Now, back to that cord organizer . . .

xcfAWEj.jpg

I had an old mic cord that was pretty long, so I cut it into pieces.

I was really inspired by the work WETA did on Spectral. If you haven't seen it, I definitely recommend checking it out! Spectral (2016) - IMDb

eR0eALY.jpg

I used these metal cord mounts I got from Home Depot.

LtLZrmH.jpg

IdzLrxc.jpg

I also wanted to add a rear stabilizer, so I chopped a magpul mount down and installed it on the underside of the buttstock.

o2L8UIk.jpg

I used the other parts to mount the scope and an additional laser on the side.

p3GYUm4.jpg

29pTxcs.jpg

I'm digging this silhouette!

yTeU4Br.jpg

I also added a flip-out screen on the side made from a cheapo MP3 player. At some point I'll upload some kind of range-finder graphic.

O3iRvW8.jpg

Starting to look pretty mean . . .

WLloYEu.jpg

BOm3DvL.jpg

Some day shots:

81WJStn.jpg

E5PPnbr.jpg

Only thing left to do was some weathering and decals!

I had some left-over Oblivion decals, and this thing was starting to look like it could fit right in that world, so why not!?

m12gTUE.jpg

yVC89Qp.jpg

jChzgFV.jpg

3iVwJx1.jpg

2RSW4o9.jpg

Wow! Very professional looking!

Love how the parts you used look right at home, sometimes props build themselves, in a way!

Really does look like it belongs with that Oblivion "rifle", though I'd call THIS the RIFLE, now!

Nice work!

Stunning! I know I've already commented on this particular build before, but I absolutely love the color theme and the little details you add, such as the air soft parts, metal gizmos, and especially the blue LED in the handle.. If I have one critique, it would be the Nerf/warning labels. They're not really noticeable, but they kinda take me out of the whole experience, that is unless you were intending it to still be a "Nerf" gun. Either way, fantastic work.

I'll give a hint, the scope is made from this:

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220501-145749_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220501-145749_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 67
So I picked up this IWI Tavor 21 (airsoft) and decided to make a little project out of it. The concept was a futuristic battle rifle with optics being a prominent feature. I knew I wanted some sort of cannon underneath and a scope that looked capable of thermo-imaging, night vision, recording capabilities, etc.

20211015_142253_edited.jpeg

I had this X-shot watergun on hand, which I decided to use for the canon:

20211015_201132.jpg

I also had a Nerf Kronos pistol, which when dismantled and turned upsidedown made for a great start to the scope. Here are the 3 main components i used for the build that gave me a starting point for the silhouette of the blaster.

20211015_212013.jpg

You have a good eye for what goes well together, nice work!

Sadly airsoft is basically illegal here in Australia so if we want to do something like this, we'd have to 3D print the entire thing and then hope the police don't read the RPF!

You have a good eye for what goes well together, nice work!

Sadly airsoft is basically illegal here in Australia so if we want to do something like this, we'd have to 3D print the entire thing and then hope the police don't read the RPF!

What about Nerf, are those allowed down under?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back