Solid Metal Terminator Pewter T-800 Bust Replica Prop (WIP)

Looking great.... Are you going to put a clear coat on it to keep the pewter shinny ?
Thanks Jamie! I was thinking about it, but don’t want to risk the clear coat yellowing over time. So will just repolish when or if it dulls. I had the Jaw polished for nearly a year and that didn’t dull at all.

Looking really cool. Where did you get the jaw pistons from or did you source all the individual parts yourself?
I sourced all the individual parts, they are documented in this thread. Du-bro and Mc Master carr parts.
The main jaw piston I cast myself from a piston from screen used molds. I will be selling 5 jaw kits eventually. Most are spoken for but may have one or two sets left.

Finished the chest section, last polish and weathering. Screwed in the real grease nipple detail.
69332743-990A-42C0-8A3F-A67F48E13907.jpeg
2C6DE470-4C1E-4BB1-BCC8-423FCE1691A0.jpeg
18CDF30C-3452-43AF-B9D0-C61EAF1503C8.jpeg

This has now got to be the best build of 2020
Absolutely proper eye candy
This is what drives people to start a prop building hobby
This goes to show that, what some find impossible is definitely possible
Hard work, perseverance and a whole lot of skill
I tip my cap at you
Kudos
Thank you for cheering up my 2020

This has now got to be the best build of 2020
Absolutely proper eye candy
This is what drives people to start a prop building hobby
This goes to show that, what some find impossible is definitely possible
Hard work, perseverance and a whole lot of skill
I tip my cap at you
Kudos
Thank you for cheering up my 2020
Thanks dude, that really means a lot! If I can inspire other people it’s more than worth it. All you need is a dream and a bit of patience and perseverance. I surprised myself, if I can do it anyone else can. I had never made a mold before this project.
So if anyone is reading this and sitting on a project they a scared to start, just do it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back