Solid Metal Terminator Pewter T-800 Bust Replica Prop (WIP)

The build is on Facebook also if anyone is more interested in detailed pictures videos and time lapse of the build.

Been following this on Facebook since the start. You're doing an insane job of it. Truly inspiring and soo cool. I'm building a fill endo at the moment and will show off where I'm at soon. Most of it has been vacuum metalized and I only have a few more parts left to plate.

I'd love a set of those cast jaw parts if you have any spare. If not it's cool. ;)

Ben

Been following this on Facebook since the start. You're doing an insane job of it. Truly inspiring and soo cool. I'm building a fill endo at the moment and will show off where I'm at soon. Most of it has been vacuum metalized and I only have a few more parts left to plate.

I'd love a set of those cast jaw parts if you have any spare. If not it's cool. ;)

Ben
Sounds cool dude, do you have a build log of yours? I had a vinyl skull vacuum metalized but unfortunately the finish wrinkled over time. Who did yours, has it turned out well? I will be making a bust with the resin and vinyl spares, want a good plate or vacuum metalise on that version.
I should have spare pistons but the other pivot parts I don’t have, they can easily be purchased though.
Will keep ya updated.

AmaZing

McMaster Carr is such a great resource.

I wouldn’t know where to start building something like this.

AmaZing

McMaster Carr is such a great resource.

I wouldn’t know where to start building something like this.

Thanks. It sure is a good place to get prop supplies.
I didn’t know where to start, I just started with the smallest part to cast, the eye ball. It went well and I didn’t stop.

00E44287-585C-4F50-A667-3CF437EECDBB.jpeg
15D192F2-81F0-42EE-92A8-E20FD48637CF.jpeg
2C2D39CE-C3B5-4E37-991E-2E06F62C9BB7.jpeg
ED761F66-74A8-4C09-9FB9-F882CCBE63FA.jpeg

I have been busy sanding the skull to remove any pitting marks or deep scratches in the metal. Now it is ready for its final polish. I want to get as close to a chrome finish as possible. Pewter comes up nicely with a decent polish, as can be seen with my test polish on a pewter T-1000 bullet hit I cast.
F0735E26-237D-4AB5-AD95-7C8480028520.jpeg

Sounds cool dude, do you have a build log of yours? I had a vinyl skull vacuum metalized but unfortunately the finish wrinkled over time. Who did yours, has it turned out well? I will be making a bust with the resin and vinyl spares, want a good plate or vacuum metalise on that version.
I should have spare pistons but the other pivot parts I don’t have, they can easily be purchased though.
Will keep ya updated.

I don't have a build log as yet but I've taken pics the whole way and will start a thread soon. Basically the vacuum metalizing process has been a bit strange. We had a lot of problems at the start with something weeping out of the resin. The only thing I could pin it on was something from the silicone molds embedding itself in the resin and then weeping out. It took us a few months to find a primer that would contain it but in the end we did and it was full steam ahead.

There is only a couple of vacuum metalizing places here in Australia. One of them happened to be a place that my sons step dad works at. Each week he has been pushing a few of my pieces through with everything else for free. I could never afford it otherwise. We've been doing this for about 8 months now. Near the end too. Here's a pic. Oh and I'm guessing you've been in touch with Jamie Staff over here. Great dude and VERY talented. ;)

Ben
IMG_9346.JPG

I don't have a build log as yet but I've taken pics the whole way and will start a thread soon. Basically the vacuum metalizing process has been a bit strange. We had a lot of problems at the start with something weeping out of the resin. The only thing I could pin it on was something from the silicone molds embedding itself in the resin and then weeping out. It took us a few months to find a primer that would contain it but in the end we did and it was full steam ahead.

There is only a couple of vacuum metalizing places here in Australia. One of them happened to be a place that my sons step dad works at. Each week he has been pushing a few of my pieces through with everything else for free. I could never afford it otherwise. We've been doing this for about 8 months now. Near the end too. Here's a pic. Oh and I'm guessing you've been in touch with Jamie Staff over here. Great dude and VERY talented. ;)

BenView attachment 1319171
Yours is looking really good dude, keep it up. Look forward to seeing it done. Yeah Jamie helped me with the pistons and chest, was really nice of him.
Cool, looks like you have one of his enlarged skulls. We would all struggle to build our terminators without him lol.
Maybe my base coat reacted with the vacuum metalise on my vinyl one. What paint brand did you find works?

Yours is looking really good dude, keep it up. Look forward to seeing it done. Yeah Jamie helped me with the pistons and chest, was really nice of him.
Cool, looks like you have one of his enlarged skulls. We would all struggle to build our terminators without him lol.
Maybe my base coat reacted with the vacuum metalise on my vinyl one. What paint brand did you find works?

Thanks mate. Here is a pic below of the primer I used. Also the bloke I got to do the chroming would put a clear coat over the primer then metalize it and then 2 more costs of clear to protect it. :)

Ben

IMG_9385.JPG

Thanks for the part list there! I bought and built a resin skull recently and those parts snapped AND my son knocked it over breaking them again! I had no idea what the parts were but thanks to you I ordered them up! If you’d be interested in selling a couple casts of the part you made let me know! Otherwise I’ll make a couple out of plastic tubing. Thanks again and again amazing project.
I have finished up a couple of pistons, if you message your address I can send them when I send IFA his pair. After I’ve sent them just cover postage and I will be happy.
Might be a week before I get to a post office though.

Very Nice!

I'm building one too, from metal, but I'm taking a different approach, not casting from moulds, more free-hand. It means mine is not as screen accurate as yours. I made my own jaw pistons by turning and milling them from stainless steel:
I also used some rods from an old CDrom drive, they seem to be just the right size. I think the piston assembly is probably the most accurate part of my build.

pistons finished.jpg

Very Nice!

I'm building one too, from metal, but I'm taking a different approach, not casting from moulds, more free-hand. It means mine is not as screen accurate as yours. I made my own jaw pistons by turning and milling them from stainless steel:
I also used some rods from an old CDrom drive, they seem to be just the right size. I think the piston assembly is probably the most accurate part of my build.

View attachment 1323274
Cool, yeah I see your build on YouTube. Impressive . Keep up the good work. I wish I I had a lathe and proper tools.
Yeah they are nice and accurate, Good job. Piston part is lovely. Nice machining! The only thing maybe is to use the du-bro piece, it is screen matched for the part that joins to the piston. You can get them on eBay easily.
Luckily I literally got my hands on some screen accurate pistons yesterday, just need to do some work and the part that was bugging me will be spot on now. Will post some updated of the finished 100% accurate ones when done.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back