Interest Slave Leia Earrings (Gold-filled, Brass and Silver), display ready!

Wonder Knight

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi everyone :D

For the Princess Leia fans and more specifically fans of the slave Leia version, here is something I hope you’ll like!

Leia’s earrings, in gold-filled, brass and silver!

prototype_01.jpg

As you might already know, if you had the courage to read Eethan’s looooong messages (love you husband!), Our prop replicas are handcrafted with care in the south of France by us :)

When it comes to jewelry, I am always very careful that they are safe for skin contact.
For these earrings, the “fangs” are made of brass, the rings are Gold-filled and the ear stud is 925 silver.
For those who might not know Gold-filled, it is a mechanical plating method by compression and heat onto metals (usually brass) which will apply a layer of gold to the object much more important than for regular gold plating. Gold-filled generally contains 50 to 100 times more gold than a "gold-plated" jewel.

I chose to use this difference in materials, between gold and brass, to be as realistic as possible. On the references, we see that the fangs seem much more tarnished than the rings. I’m still hesitant to artificially oxidize the fangs which have a shiny finish for now.

Each pair of earrings will come with a wooden base (compressed bamboo) and will therefore be ready to display and look great in a display case. :)

Prototype_2.jpg
leia7.jpg

leia.jpg
tete.jpg

Why signing up for interest:

First I would like to say this is NOT a list of reservation. But, I’ll let the registered people know a bit early when the release is going to take place on my website and to thank those who signed up, I will send them a 10% discount code on the earrings.

This thread will help me have a better idea of how many people are interested (and how much material is needed). So please let me know if you are interested, ok with the price and serious about buying when it’s released on my website.

The interest thread will be opened until the 5th of February, if the interest is enough, I will start the run and buy the materials then.

How much will it cost:

The selling price will be 125€ + shipping costs
(Between 12 and 17€ depending on the final weight of the package).

And 10% off for those that signed up before the end of the interest request, on the 5th of February.

Where to buy the earrings:

On my website https://wonderknight.fr of course ;) (I am obligated by the law to edit an invoice with all my sales, this goes exclusively through my website).

It is easy, you just need to register, enter your shipping address and it will calculate shipping automatically. The website is perfectly secured and all payment means handled by Paypal (even if you don’t have a paypal account, you can pay by credit card or different local means of payment). You’ll receive an invoice and confirmations by mail for every step of the order including tracking.

If you have any question I will be happy to answer and I hope you will enjoy my work ;)

I assume the ear stud is the part that goes through the ear... Is it possible to make that in gold too? I know my girlfriend has issues with anything that isn't gold...

I assume the ear stud is the part that goes through the ear... Is it possible to make that in gold too? I know my girlfriend has issues with anything that isn't gold...
Hi Shpider :),

I used silver because it was the most screen-accurate but I would have made a custom pair for you with pleasure, unfortunately I can't get pure gold:(.

I don't know how it is in other countries, but in France the sale of pure gold for jewelery is highly regulated. The sale is reserved for jewelry professionals who must keep records of the quantities of gold they buy and use to make the jewelry.

I can use gold-filled because it's still new and so there are no regulations on it yet.

For the ear stud, I could use gold-filled too, but I have to heat the wire extremely hot to melt the solder that holds it in the tube. This is not a problem with silver, since the wire is made of one material. But with Gold Filled, the gold layer on top risks mixing with the layers of metal that it covers. I therefore couldn’t guarantee its reliability for a specific case of allergy.

I'm sorry, especially since I understand your girlfriend's problem, because I have the opposite problem, I can't wear pure gold in my ears!:cautious:

Cheers

Hi.
I may be interested. For that great 10% discount, do we have to register at the webpage, or will we have it for getting on the interest list here?
Thanks!!

Hi.
I may be interested. For that great 10% discount, do we have to register at the webpage, or will we have it for getting on the interest list here?
Thanks!!
Hi :),
Here is perfect, i will send the discount when i will anounce the release to the people who gave their interest here or on my website

Hi everyone,
I got a bit behind on my schedule because I had a bad flu all week but I'm getting back to work as soon as possible!
Thanks to Jason for talking about my work last night on the "Rogue one 6" youtube channel! it is very much appreciated :)
Because of this, I'm extending the 10% discount until the 15th so that those who watched Group Therapy can sign up.

Thank you for supporting my work,
cheers
Julie

Hi everyone :) ,
I come with some news on the earrings progress. After bending my tubes to the right diameter I cut them to the right size. Then I moved on to cutting the fangs and currently I am doing a first polishing before welding. it's a slow progress but it's definitely moving forward nicelly :)
IMG_1947.JPEG
IMG_1943.JPEG
IMG_1960.JPEG
IMG_1980.JPEG
IMG_1984.JPEG
IMG_2018.JPEG
IMG_2031.JPEG
IMG_2041.JPEG

I'll let you know in a while,
Cheers,
Julie

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back