Interest Slave Leia Earrings (Gold-filled, Brass and Silver), display ready!

Hi. Any updates or photos on this project? I'd really want to see the process. Any estimated arrival time? Thanks!!
Hi everyone,:D
Sorry I haven't given much news lately.
The earrings are going well. I'm finishing the assembly, but I just ran out of my gold solder today so the next few days I'll be working on finishing the stands (I've cut and sanded them, all I have left is installing the small pins to place the earrings) and start polishing. (I'll finish assembling the remaining one later.)
To take a look at my process:
- The brass fangs and the gold filled rings had already been cut and polished the last time
- I just tin each hook with my gold solder. I used a "Brazilian torch" which allows to obtain a very hot flame with a natural oxygen supply.
- I clean them for the first time in a hot bath of household vinegar and salt to remove flux and oxidation from the heat, then pass through a bath of sodium bicarbonate to remove the acidity from the part.
- I then assemble the piece. The silver ear studs are brazed with a silver paste (the solder in plate had a tendency to overflow). I turn each piece over and heat it again to make sure the solder is in good contact everywhere. As a flux, the best I've used is Firescoff, but it's still quite expensive and the bottle wears out very quickly. So I continued with the borax I already had
- Again cleaning in the baths and drying

Said like that, it seems easy but it's all quite tedious ;)

I still have some work to do with the polishing, but I'm starting to see the end.

I can't say exactly when they will be finished yet but I hope to be able to release them in not too long.

Here are some pictures, and if you have any questions, do not hesitate. Thank you for following my project :D
Cheers,

IMG_2074.JPEG
IMG_2075.JPEG
IMG_2087.JPEG
IMG_2117.JPEG
IMG_2126.JPEG
IMG_2120.JPEG
IMG_2121.JPEG
IMG_2123.JPEG
IMG_2118.JPEG
IMG_2119.JPEG

If there is atill an option to get on a waiting list for these I would like to be included.
Hi, sorry for the delayed answer,
thank you for your interest, I'm not taking reservations anymore but no worries, there will be plenty of extras when I release them.
cheers

Hi everyone :) ,
Some earrings will soon be ready for sale. Here are some photos of the end result.
Do not hesitate to watch the video to have a better idea of the rendering. The brass parts have micro-scratches that you see when you get close or in a strong light, but the overall aesthetic is really shiny.

At first, I will inform the people who registered that the earrings are for sale on my site and I will let the others know publicly a few days later.
For those who were entitled to the discount, you should receive an email with your code in the next few days (if this is not the case, do not hesitate to contact me).

I hope with all my heart that you will like my work.

coté.jpg
face 1200px.jpg
Boite 1200px.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back