Skullknight full costume (pic heavy)

Wow. Just... holy crap.

Quick question, on the sword/shield it looked like you put tinfoil down before you bondo'd it. Does that just provide a better surface for it to attach to?

Wow. Just... holy crap.

Quick question, on the sword/shield it looked like you put tinfoil down before you bondo'd it. Does that just provide a better surface for it to attach to?

The tinfoil was put on to protect the foam from the fiberglass resin, which would have melted the foam without.

Thanks everyone:)

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-!

I second that! :cool The proportions look great and helmet ... well I think I like it even more now :love. Everything really looks amazing together and the helmet isn't bobble headed /oversized we sometimes see in costumes.

I can't wait to see this all put together and get the full effect of this character.

Great Job!:thumbsup

New update: shoulder pads tacked in place and bottom spikes, before leg armour. These are just held in place to get a feel for the whole costume. They might be a tad uneven right now, till I fully mount them.

100_3489.jpg

Last edited:
That is just crazy cool!
I love to watch the way folks go about a project.
I get so many new ideas and techniques from this place!

Even though the cape is going to cover most of the back, I still had to bring myself to making it all.

100_3491.jpg

Last edited:
i think the extra detail work on the back is well worth the effort, even if a cape may go over it. just make sure to stand in front of a wind machine or something every once in a while to get the cape flapping to show that stuff off lol :)

WOW!!! How are you going to attach the shoulders? I might need your advice on a build soon.

I used a hinge flipped around so it stops at a right angle where the shoulders will pivet up and not down. The shoulders are resting in the stopped position.

Sword and shield are done. Painted all the parts as well except the finger armour which I had to farm out to be done (no time before Dragon*Con). Thanks Big_Water99 the fingers look great!

100_3496.jpg

100_3499.jpg

100_3501.jpg

100_3504.jpg

100_3505.jpg

100_3508.jpg

100_3509.jpg

100_3514.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back