Skullknight full costume (pic heavy)

Have to admit JP when you go out you go allll OUT :) saw the armor the other day in person its going to be awesome when complete looking forward to it . Nice Job buddy

You should do Grunbeld too, or you could do some latex casts of Zodd's human form barbarian wear, if you have a buddy sufficiently burly to pull off Zodd that is.

Thanks everybody! And BigWater, I'll need you to come over to help me flip the torso over after I mold the first side--this Beast is HEAVY.

Thanks EVO3--I love your threads with the detailed builds. You do some great work. In fact I used your Commander Cody thread as my primary reference when I did my own scratch build of him.

Re: Skull Knight full costume (pic heavy)

Quick update, molding the chestplate. I had to really support the head so when I go to lay it down it wouldn't move/or collapse on me. And getting closer to finishing the sword (almost).

100_3470.jpg

100_3471.jpg

100_3468.jpg

100_3472.jpg

That is just awesome...I have seen some of the pieces in person and they look amazing! Looking to see more of this armor...and thanks JP.

"Amazing" is the word i think you all are looking for ;). Fantastic work JtotheP. Are you using brush on silicone for the molds? And what type are you using if you don't mind me asking???

"Amazing" is the word i think you all are looking for ;). Fantastic work JtotheP. Are you using brush on silicone for the molds? And what type are you using if you don't mind me asking???

I'm using Tempo 30 silicone, which is a "generic" or cheaper version of Mold Max 30. I got a 5 gal. kit (actually I'm on my second 5 gal batch) from Reynold Advanced Materials, whom primarily carries Smooth-On. In fact Tempo 30 only comes in 5 gal or 55 gallons.

The silicone can also be poored, I add a Thixotropic agent to thicken it up for brushing.

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Awesome build! I'm not familiar with the character but he looks bad a** I love helmet wish I would have seen the original thread. I'll make sure to keep an eye on this one. Great job.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back