Simulating Whisky/Scotch?

Eagle

Sr Member
Blade Runner Johnny walker whisky bottle on display. I've used real whisky in the past but that works out expensive and I get terribly pissed every time I move house and have to pack it up for shipping.

Any suggestions for a liquid that'll replicate the look and not spoil/go off?

vodka - you can get it super cheaper than whiskey....and just stir in some coffee grounds and filter and BABOOM! Whiskey color....

I refer you to the movie Mr. Roberts.

Mr. Roberts (Henry Fonda), Ensign Pulver (Jack Lemmon) and the Doc (William Powell) make a bottle of fake Johnny Walker Black.

watered down coke

as far as going bad, what exactly are you wanting to do? ie drink it a month later or ?

I think it's a matter of not wanting slimy mold or algae growing in the bottle, which could be a major pain to clean/remove.

The vodka option would probably work the best with no spoilage.

Won't go off real quick? :)

I meant this :

lipton-ice-tea-peche-cacher.jpg

If its for long term display I suppose you could pour in a properly tinted acrylic resin no? It would then be permanent, but w/out mold concerns or need for repeat fillings. Just a thought.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back