Simulating Whisky/Scotch?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Eagle

Sr Member
Blade Runner Johnny walker whisky bottle on display. I've used real whisky in the past but that works out expensive and I get terribly pissed every time I move house and have to pack it up for shipping.

Any suggestions for a liquid that'll replicate the look and not spoil/go off?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Gilmortar

Sr Member
vodka - you can get it super cheaper than whiskey....and just stir in some coffee grounds and filter and BABOOM! Whiskey color....

micdavis

Master Member
I refer you to the movie Mr. Roberts.

Mr. Roberts (Henry Fonda), Ensign Pulver (Jack Lemmon) and the Doc (William Powell) make a bottle of fake Johnny Walker Black.

WarPig

Sr Member
I've always used plain brewed tea to simulate whiskey - but I can't guarantee the "shelf life".

WarPig

Sr Member
watered down coke

as far as going bad, what exactly are you wanting to do? ie drink it a month later or ?
I think it's a matter of not wanting slimy mold or algae growing in the bottle, which could be a major pain to clean/remove.

The vodka option would probably work the best with no spoilage.

Eagle

Sr Member
Cheers all. I used cheap whiskey in the end! I wanted to avoid mould more than anything. :)

Miker

If its for long term display I suppose you could pour in a properly tinted acrylic resin no? It would then be permanent, but w/out mold concerns or need for repeat fillings. Just a thought.