Limited Run SIGN UP CLOSED. PRODUCTION BEGINNING! Dewy and Anakin Starkiller's Obi-wan Episode 1 saber sign up!

Phone pics, so not the best quality but you get the idea...
*More screen accurate double tall pouch setup...
View attachment 1708239
View attachment 1708227View attachment 1708226
YES! looks amazing

I also wanted to add I, too, just wrapped a layer or two of packing tape around the central metal emitter insert. Black part slides on almost like a vacuum now.

I think compression was part of the design, yes? If the outer emitter arms are a hair taller than the black part, the emitter plate and the black part might never touch, microscopically

Mine just arrived!! Anakin Starkiller and Dewy, this is a sublimely exquisite prop! Absolutely phenomenal quality, accuracy and overall achievement! Thank you so much for the innumerable hours of design and research, etc you both have invested in this project and sharing it with we the community here.

I’ll be getting this disassembled and all put back together according to Dewy’s directions next chance I get. Couldn’t be more thrilled. This has to be one of the finest runs ever offered in the history of the RPF!

A3C89381-DE01-4CE8-9FA9-FDBDDE8E2091.jpeg

Part of me is super sad I missed this. The other part is like “no dumbass, you don’t need moar obiwan hilts… especially fixed props, your fx hilts are all empty as is“ >_< lol

(if someone cancels tho I am game)

Last edited:
Mine has arrived (in the UK) safe and sound. will unbox later. So excited!

Attachments

• B39EDEC6-EB65-45A6-BDA0-266E97BFF393.jpeg
    B39EDEC6-EB65-45A6-BDA0-266E97BFF393.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Just received mine from postie here in the UK and bloody hell I am blown away by this! I was not expecting the weight! Soo good and now my favourite hilt in my collection! Thank you so much Dewy and Starkiller for the work put into this….roll on Qui Gon :)

So I’ve been following Drew’s excellent directions and completely disassembled the hilt kit. Like many here have mentioned, I too had an emitter shroud and black core that were a bit loose.

My solution was to add a few layers of Scotch tape to the outside of the extension core which eliminated the side-to-side wiggle and a layer of masking tape to the bottom face of the black emitter core which took care of the vertical slack. Pushing the O-ring upgrade under the emitter shroud snugged up everything perfectly.

I also had a bit of wiggle coming from between the main core and black grip section, so I added 5 layers of Scotch tape to the main core on the covertech side which eliminated the slack there as well. The hilt is now nice and solid to hold in the hand.

The pommel cubes have some noticeable machining marks present so before gluing them into position, I took the time to carefully sand and polish each of the faces to a nice satin finish. Here are some before and after pics:

6BC4CCA5-272E-4350-81E8-AD9E58F27659.jpeg

03E52829-3467-42BC-B33F-9BE7B1919328.jpeg

82BFDEA3-3F17-47B9-923F-F75635BE625E.jpeg

Last edited:
I noticed the pommel cubes have some noticeable machining marks present so before gluing them into position, I took the time to carefully sand and polish each of the faces to a nice satin finish. Here are some before and after pics:
Could you please share how you sanded and polished? What grit and polish?

Wow 220 is quite rough, but your finish is impressive. Although I must say I quite like the tooling marks overall. So maybe just the scotch brite pad would make the cubes appear slightly used/handled.

Like I said, it was heavily worn down 220, so probably more along the lines of 320ish. :) It took a while for the sandpaper to cut through the machine lines. I figured it’s better to use a lighter sandpaper than heavier because that would make the “grain” look too heavy compared to the rest of the hilt.

Got it a couple of days ago. Just finished assembling it, and it looks fantastic. But that's not what's amazing about it to me. I'd like to put the emphasis (as many have before) on the engineering behind this kit. This may be the most fool-proof prop I've ever seen. It's literally impossible to put it together incorrectly because it's so well done. You'd have to force parts together with a hammer or drill new holes to make a mistake. I've been building props for years and the only other time I've had so little hassle putting something together was Anakin's Maul kit (no surprise there) So yeah, incredible hilt, both accuracy and engineering-wise, outright fun to put together, with a result that can't be beat. Congrats Dan and Dewy, you really knocked it out of the park.

Got it yesterday. Held most of the other OWK1's and I gotta say this is the ONE. The engineering is so well done.
I remember sitting there as a kid around 23 years ago with my "Deluxe Obi-Wan figure/hilt combo" thinking: I wish I could own the screen used version. Thank you so much for delivering on this one. I love it.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
It has arrived to Sweden! The most incredible hilt, both accuracy and engineering-wise i have seen! So great work you two have done! Thanks for everything!
May the force be with you!

I just received my saber! Lovely craftsmanship!
Was wondering if there's a manual or video instructions put online regarding the disassembly for the saber?
I'm trying to figure out how to realign my red button and bronze valve section as it is 90 degrees off out of the box... would appreciate any tips!

Was wondering if there's a manual or video instructions put online regarding the disassembly for the saber?
I'm trying to figure out how to realign my red button and bronze valve section as it is 90 degrees off out of the box... would appreciate any tips!

Can you post a picture?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back