Limited Run SIGN UP CLOSED. PRODUCTION BEGINNING! Dewy and Anakin Starkiller's Obi-wan Episode 1 saber sign up!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the very first post states, “If you're interested in getting in on this run, here is the place to sign up. This will be a one time very limited run. And I have no plans to ever do another Obi-wan saber like this again.”

Received mine today, absolutely amazing work as always! Only downside is that I can't find a .9 mm allen key in my tool box so I have to go to the hardware store. :lol:

Can't wait to get it all assembled and on display. Thanks again guys!

Received mine today, absolutely amazing work as always! Only downside is that I can't find a .9 mm allen key in my tool box so I have to go to the hardware store. :lol:

Can't wait to get it all assembled and on display. Thanks again guys!

I just picked up an iFixit kit on Amazon... seems handy, and it has the tiny .9 and 1.3mm allen keys.

Mine arrived yesterday but I wasn't able to get it all assembled until today so here's the obligatory post/picture!

My backstory: When I got the ROTJ Hero and the V2 in my collection, I was able to hold the saber I remember seeing and wanting when I was a little kid as Luke Skywalker was my favorite film hero growing up. That was huge for me and one of the highlights of my Star Wars collection.

That said, this is the first lightsaber prop I really remember wanting. When Episode 1 came out this instantly became my favorite saber design and remains so to this day. While I am sure I will get in on the upcoming Qui-Gon run and other future sabers, this is now and will always be the pinnacle of my Star Wars collection.

Ever since I first saw this saber on the big screen in 1999 I loved it and now I finally have the ultimate replica. This is a dream come true and will always be my favorite, thank you guys for your all of your hard work and for sharing it with the community!

PXL_20230623_200908702.jpg

The grip cut-outs look smaller and closer together. Boy thats weird.

Hey, another compliment to this model. freaking incredible. I'm playing around a little at home with the display.. who knows

Attachments

• IMG_8088.jpeg
    IMG_8088.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
Do you know much about the strange emitter cap on this version? I’ve never been able to find out much about why it was present on some props and not others. Never on screen either as far as I’m aware
It's kind of a big mystery. Heritage Auctions tells a story that the prop was constructed for ROTS to indicate OWK had upgraded his saber throughout the clone wars. He would lose this saber and get(or make) his ANH saber somewhere in the middle of the film. But, that idea was scrapped (although there are shots of Ewan wearing this saber in Padme's apt.

However, I don't think Heritage has any more knowledge than us here, and a lot of this might be conjecture.

It's also not clear to me if this saber was made for ROTS, but not used, or if it was made for AOTC--minus the emitter cap--but didn't show up in closeups, because Ewan wore a lot of chromed resin castings of the TPM saber. The reason why I wonder if the saber was made before ROTS, is because I remember Steve Dyszmo saying that he had seen a metal OWK AOTC saber in the archives--and that it was different from the TPM hero--when he worked for MR, and this conversation happened before ROTS came out.

So, it is a bit of a mystery, but the completist in me wants to build one anyways.

View attachment 1713485View attachment 1713487

It's weird how different this version is in almost every proportion and detail

It seems like they decided to fashion a new metal hero for ROTS, but didn't get too finicky about referencing the previous version. Maybe they just grabbed a few reference photos and went for it.

Of course, Lucas initially determined to "get rid of" this saber during ROTS (so Obi-Wan could then acquire the ANH-style saber), but thought better of it. And so the salt-shaker just went into limbo, outside of a few test shots.

Can you post a picture?
Received mine this morning and the emitter section is also 90 degrees off from correct alignment. Haven’t had a chance to disassemble and reassemble yet to correct the alignment as I’ve had to head to the office. Will dive in tonight and post pictures and whether the reassembly addresses the alignment. First impressions are amazing though!

Received mine this morning and the emitter section is also 90 degrees off from correct alignment. Haven’t had a chance to disassemble and reassemble yet to correct the alignment as I’ve had to head to the office. Will dive in tonight and post pictures and whether the reassembly addresses the alignment. First impressions are amazing though!
I suggest a full dissasembly. Did wonders to mine.
Some pins on the pommel were a bit loose, that's why there was bit of wiggle at first. Sanding the cubes gave them a nice finish.
A little bit of tape in the emitter section made the delrin part snug. The bigger O-Ring squished in place made the whole top piece sturdy.
Absolutely no issues in the end. :D

I did a full tear down of the hilt and reassembly and there is definitely an anomaly with mine.
The cover tech hole in the main core section is not drilled in the correct alignment which is resulting in the entire grip and pommel section being off.

Attachments

• 094C3CEA-DA84-49AB-A896-9ACC80B618F3.jpeg
    094C3CEA-DA84-49AB-A896-9ACC80B618F3.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 131
  • 65FA83BB-FCBB-45A6-B6E2-26B9D12C8669.jpeg
    65FA83BB-FCBB-45A6-B6E2-26B9D12C8669.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 122
  • 793BA72B-52BF-444B-87E5-ED9EC5C86E0A.jpeg
    793BA72B-52BF-444B-87E5-ED9EC5C86E0A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 118
  • D672ED9D-AC5B-4364-96D4-2E9ED1C4F16D.jpeg
    D672ED9D-AC5B-4364-96D4-2E9ED1C4F16D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 123
  • C2C9ADCC-8628-4D77-8E5D-E6ECCA6449EA.jpeg
    C2C9ADCC-8628-4D77-8E5D-E6ECCA6449EA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 118
  • 97710F67-FBB0-407E-93D8-7DA3518742F9.jpeg
    97710F67-FBB0-407E-93D8-7DA3518742F9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 142

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back