Show your custom Lightsabers!

Alright Saberfans!
This was my submission for the Golden Saber Contest over at FXSabers. The challenge was to build a functioning lightsaber that breaks down into multiple parts, like the gun in 'The Man With The Golden Gun' Hence the name. It's not gold and the parts don't function as other 'in universe' items but it could be a field strippable weapon.
As always, thanks for looking.

Golden Harvest v3 p4 w/seedling module. 28mm Essential bass speaker. ShtokCustomWox NPXL connectors.
Panasonic 15A high drain 18650. 2.1mm recharge port. Various Neodymium magnets.

yDCTKNpl.jpg
ajIiCeIl.jpg

MsFTU3tl.jpg
DFLmcagl.jpg

vQGDd8Cl.jpg
MlHztHVl.jpg

RsM0BWwl.jpg
td9L0Hrl.jpg

7fLIpIql.jpg
HqxadUil.jpg

glRjgQ2l.jpg
f8j2H9Wl.jpg

vWF6WW7l.jpg
LfooPedl.jpg

JvlXQLjl.jpg
LU1me8ql.jpg

rT7cKijl.jpg
KEZ3KSFl.jpg

[video=youtube_share;Lsdzcc7zHTo]

Greenie.

Alright Saberfans!
This was my submission for the Golden Saber Contest over at FXSabers. The challenge was to build a functioning lightsaber that breaks down into multiple parts, like the gun in 'The Man With The Golden Gun' Hence the name. It's not gold and the parts don't function as other 'in universe' items but it could be a field strippable weapon.

Golden Harvest v3 p4 w/seedling module. 28mm Essential bass speaker. ShtokCustomWox NPXL connectors.

View attachment 1568109 View attachment 1568110
View attachment 1568111 View attachment 1568112
View attachment 1568113 View attachment 1568114
View attachment 1568115 View attachment 1568116
View attachment 1568117 View attachment 1568118
View attachment 1568119 View attachment 1568120
View attachment 1568121 View attachment 1568122
View attachment 1568123 View attachment 1568124
View attachment 1568125 View attachment 1568126

Greenie.
Absolutely brilliant!

Alright Saberfans!

View attachment 1568109 View attachment 1568110
View attachment 1568111 View attachment 1568112
View attachment 1568113 View attachment 1568114
View attachment 1568115 View attachment 1568116
View attachment 1568117 View attachment 1568118
View attachment 1568119 View attachment 1568120
View attachment 1568121 View attachment 1568122
View attachment 1568123 View attachment 1568124
View attachment 1568125 View attachment 1568126

Greenie.
Interested, depending on price.

In other words, magnificent.

Heyo! This is my personal vision for Mara Jade's lightsaber, designed by me and produced by SP Sabers, Props, and Collectables. There's a lot of inspiration taken from the original designs by Parks and Master Replicas but with my own spin on some of the details. Control box has no visible screws and the glass eye/knob is smoked acrylic so it looks black static but illuminates when installed. It's one of my personal favorite hilts and I was stoked to bring it to life.

HOTE1.jpg

HOTE2.jpg

HOTE3.jpg

HOTE4.jpg

HOTE5.jpg

6U7A6006.jpg

6U7A6005.jpg

HOTE8.jpg

This is my "found plumbing parts" Lightsaber build from a few years ago - I hope it is ok to post here?

The stand is made completely from XPS Foam from scratch.

View attachment 1581347 View attachment 1581348
Man, I remember hunting for “saber parts” in the hardware stores. I miss those days. It was a simpler time in Star Wars props. It was cheaper too. Much easier to explain where $30 to $40 went to the spouse.

Great job on your saber.

This is my "found plumbing parts" Lightsaber build from a few years ago - I hope it is ok to post here?

The stand is made completely from XPS Foam from scratch.

View attachment 1581347View attachment 1581348
I'm glad you posted the photo of your hilt out of the stand. I thought those "cubes" that are part of the stand were attached to the hilt, and my second thought was, "That can't be comfortable to hold." :lol:

Nice design! Enough detail to make it visually appealing, but not so much that it looks cluttered.

Man, I remember hunting for “saber parts” in the hardware stores. I miss those days. It was a simpler time in Star Wars props. It was cheaper too. Much easier to explain where $30 to $40 went to the spouse.

Great job on your saber.
Come back to the dark side!! Ha ha - thanks for the kind words!

I'm glad you posted the photo of your hilt out of the stand. I thought those "cubes" that are part of the stand were attached to the hilt, and my second thought was, "That can't be comfortable to hold." :lol:

Nice design! Enough detail to make it visually appealing, but not so much that it looks cluttered.
Yeah - that would have been uncomfortable!! Cheers!

Finally got around to trimming and desoldering the clamp card. It was some random board at an electronics surplus store near my house. Place is a GOLD MINE.
95% TCSS parts, custom sink pipe emitter shroud.
It's almost ready for CFX. Didn't have it done in time for celebration, but I used it as a belt hanger anyway.

Attachments

• 20220527_140357.jpg
    20220527_140357.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 172
  • 20220527_140353.jpg
    20220527_140353.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 182
Finally got around to trimming and desoldering the clamp card. It was some random board at an electronics surplus store near my house. Place is a GOLD MINE.
95% TCSS parts, custom sink pipe emitter shroud.
It's almost ready for CFX. Didn't have it done in time for celebration, but I used it as a belt hanger anyway.
I like that what you did for the control box. Is that a custom piece?

I like that what you did for the control box. Is that a custom piece?
It's a very old control box/band from TCSS. This saber has been a work in progress since around 2009?
It's taken a long time because a certain part would be out of stock, or tech would advance (originally it was going to run a petite crouton 4.0 with CEX, but then Crystal Focus 10 came out, and with that, neopixel)
So yeah... lots of very particular choices here lol
Oh, I forgot to put in the custom scratch built graflex lever kill key! I managed to wedge a recharge port in that box too.
Helluva journey... almost there!!! Just need a chassis disc and i can finally solder everything together!
*ha!!! Right after I posted this, USPS dropped a box at my door. Chassis disc and 2x 18650 batteries have arrived!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!
** ok maybe 1 more excuse... i was checking fitment with chassis, switch rings, etc. The internals are just a tad long with my old pommel style 4 that has a smaller ID so the speaker mount doesn't slide into, so I need to order the new style pommel 4 that has the same ID as the rest of the saber.
Doh!
I can still start assembly/soldering though!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back