Show your custom Lightsabers!

Saw two Canon Y's listed on the 'Bay and snatched them up. I blame you, @AnubisGuard and @ScottD.

I hope you got them at a good price. :thumbsup

Finished this last evening. Not a custom saber, but custom saber related.

It's a custom Maz Kanata style Lightsaber mini display chest. I'm not a carpenter and it's primitive, but the goal was to keep it simple, like a lot of my customs.

The only purchases made for this project were the hinges, ring handles and the screw-in eyelets for the ring handles.

The wood came from an old pallet and the metal bands are used pieces of banding material, which are used to strap down stuff to pallets for shipment.

The black paint, wood stain, nails and slider pads on the bottom were all materials left over from past projects.

IMG_20160206_223107432_HDR_zpsahwmlvgc.jpg

IMG_20160206_223216064_zps0geh76jj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you got them at a good price. :thumbsup

Finished this last evening. Not a custom saber, but custom saber related.

It's a custom Maz Kanata style Lightsaber mini display chest. I'm not a carpenter and it's primitive, but the goal was to keep it simple, like a lot of my customs.

The only purchases made for this project were the hinges, ring handles and the screw-in eyelets for the ring handles.

The wood came from an old pallet and the metal bands are used pieces of banding material, which are used to strap down stuff to pallets for shipment.

The black paint, wood stain, nails and slider pads on the bottom were all materials left over from past projects.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums...on/IMG_20160206_223107432_HDR_zpsahwmlvgc.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums...ection/IMG_20160206_223216064_zps0geh76jj.jpg

Wow man, I really like this chest! Great work! Gotta make one for my own saber! :thumbsup

24 for one and 29 for the other with free shipping on both. Not too bad from where they were when you raised their value.;)

I bow down to your ebay-fu

I have only been able to actually locate one recently, and it was attached to a $250 camera.

I have a Y, but it's almost replacing the Graflex in my heart as "omg coolest flashgun evar" so I want another!

Here are two of mine (sorry about the terrible picture quality):
The first is a King Sol based saber heavily influenced by Scott D's great builds.

attachment.php

The second is flash/hardware hybrid saber using leftover parts from another King Sol and some parts from a failed hardware saber I had attempted a while ago. I'm happy with the direction it's going in for now but there are a few small details I'd like to add.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• saber_1.png
    saber_1.png
    747.7 KB · Views: 1,274
  • saber2-1.png
    saber2-1.png
    693.4 KB · Views: 1,238
  • saber2-2.png
    saber2-2.png
    760.9 KB · Views: 1,226
Add some textured chrome tape to that King Sol and it would look like it came off of my workbench. Well done. :thumbsup

I really enjoy seeing these minimalist flash builds. You guys take the time to choose the right parts and don't overdo it, these look very OT...like they came off set.

Here are two of mine (sorry about the terrible picture quality):
The first is a King Sol based saber heavily influenced by Scott D's great builds.

The second is flash/hardware hybrid saber using leftover parts from another King Sol and some parts from a failed hardware saber I had attempted a while ago. I'm happy with the direction it's going in for now but there are a few small details I'd like to add.

Nice simple builds! They make me think of EU comic sabers. Like something Luke's students would carry at the Jedi Academy.

Somehow I feel like the OT sabers looked like real things, all the pieces seemed functional, like a tool made in a machine. The PT sabers look more ornate, like they were done on purpose to look good rather than function. I still like Obi-Wan's PT saber more than his OT one (and any other for that matter), but the criteria stands.

I made mine aiming for a cross between Anakin's saber (Graflex) and Obi-Wan's PT saber for the aforementioned reasons, it was built from scratch using chromed tube, some network plugs and connectors, bicycle handles and a watch battery.

20160208_164949.jpg20160208_164929.jpg20160208_164853.jpg20160208_164841.jpg20160208_164824.jpg

what do you think?

This is my KOTOR/"ancient Sith weapon" and I am extremely pleased with how this came out. In terms of the OT sabers, this is my Obi-wan. Even though it's a villain's saber (obviously), I added a sink knob to keep that lineage.

View attachment 571524View attachment 571535View attachment 571539View attachment 571527View attachment 571526View attachment 571547View attachment 571534View attachment 571536View attachment 571537

Who says lightsabers have to be round? This is a built up Kalart Improved Master Automatic flash and when I saw it online, I just had to have it because of its hexagon body.

I happened upon the black hexagon Kalart today and almost passed it up, until I recalled this amazingly evil looking saber. I hope I can cook up something half as cool-- so thanks for the inspiration!

Wasn't planning this lightsaber-- so no build thread. Just had an odd assortment of parts on the worktable, moving things around, looking for cool combinations-- and this one sort of just fell together. It's a lot cleaner and streamlined than I usually do (I like the hand-made lived-in universe look), but maybe this belonged to a Jedi on some sort of Royal Guard duty and he had to look fancy.

Shiny1.jpg

Shiny2.jpg

That's a Heiland two-cell, mounted the guts out the top, o-ring to hide the metal transition, blacked out the ports, sanded the port area down to the brass and the clamp is from a 60s era minicam.

Shiny3.jpg

Shiny4.jpg

The clamp was actually a pain as it was actually too big. I couldn't find flathead screws that both fit the holes, and easily threaded into the flashgun. I used buttonheads, and was then unable to slide a clampcard in as a result. So I elected to just hide the hardware with greeblies.

Shiny5.jpg

Last edited:
Yay, my first post! I made this Darth Vader inspired saber with parts available at Lowe's:

Parts list:
– 12” x 1 & ½ inch sink tailpiece pipe ~$10
– 2 feet of 1 & ½ inch PVC pipe ~$3
– 1 inch knock out seal ~40cents
– 24 inch cable ties ~$7
– 1 x small D-ring ~$3
– 1 x #10-24 1 & ½ inch Oval Phillips Machine Screw ~$2
– 1 x #10 finishing washer ~$2
– 1 x #10-24 rubber well nut ~$2
– box of 3mm rivets ~$5
– 10 feet of 1/2 inc PVC pipe ~$2

DSC_0388.jpg DSC_0389.jpg DSC_0390.jpg DSC_0392.jpg hiltcutout.jpg

and...here's how I put it together:

Love this forum, you guys have some awesome stuff on here.

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

DSC_0390.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

hiltcutout.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back