Show your custom Lightsabers!

I've thought long and hard about this the last 24 hours and even though it pains me to do this, i would like to take this opportunity to thank The Acolyte for their new lightsabers. Why, you ask? Because by them producing lightsabers on a multimillion dollar budget, they have achieved something far greater in purpose. That is, they have elevated everyones custom lightsabers on the RPF thread to "Legendary" status.

I'm toying with the idea of going through that thread "show your custom lightsabers" and running a contest/poll or both to come up with the top 10 best customs on the RPF.(excluding my own of course, i would not include mine in the top 10 anyways) and offerring a prize or something, but to ultimately demonstrate the absolute passion, artistry, quality and creativity of you all with a more meek budget to work with. These would be 10 lightsabers that demonstrate all those qualities and more than anything, capture the essence of Star Wars.

I will most likely ask for help on this as their are many customs and will probably have to post a new thread for the selections, poll etc. as i've never done this before , as well as organize a panel of judges etc.

* This is not an attempt to make anyone look bad, but an attempt to celebrate the best work and ultimately, show that on meager means, you all can produce better than what we've been getting on TV/Movies of late. IDK, they must not want to really make money selling anything.

I'm serious about this.(I know i joke a lot) lol. I think i should come up with a criteria for selection first, then get your feedback on that and go from there...stay tuned. Let me know positively or negatively what you think. I will repost this in the other thread as well.

The electronics are ordered and I'm getting close to complete on this one. My favorite part is the liner inside the windows of the pommel. That part used be sized to be externally mounted to the grip. It took cutting it down and reshaping it a few times to get it small enough to fit inside properly.
1716860470495.png
1716860482406.png
1716860504944.png
1716860515050.png

I never thought I’d care about a custom lightsaber, but I got the itch to build a custom one from real world parts.

IMG_6776.jpeg

Main body is a vintage insulator (not sure what too). The double cone emitters are both porcelain like the body. A couple of aircraft nuts, wannawanga grips, and a heiland switch modified. The belt ring is just an off the shelf camera strap lug. The nifty little bit in between the two cones came in a lot of aircraft bits.

I think the speckled metal bits are a copper/brass alloy maybe.

I kind of want to polish it, but also like the metals patinated look.

Most of it is easily broken down too so that’s nice.

Attachments

• IMG_6782.jpeg
    IMG_6782.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6781.jpeg
    IMG_6781.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6780.jpeg
    IMG_6780.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6779.jpeg
    IMG_6779.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6778.jpeg
    IMG_6778.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6777.jpeg
    IMG_6777.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back